VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 11:45:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okay, so I've got the blu-ray itch..  (Read 24240 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2011, 08:10:42 EST »

It's about not buying anything.  The next one I buy will be BR.  It will also be wireless and stream netflix (and everything else) directly from my router.  As of now, my existing players work great.  I won't toss them just to get a small improvement.  Heck, I skipped the whole Windows Vista experience and jumped straight to Windows 7 and I didn't miss anything except the hassles that everyone else had to go through who did buy it.  Once again, BR ain't done yet. 

I will second the Harmony remote though.  I have one and it works great.

I also skipped Vista... Vista was shizzle. BluRay isn't shizzle. 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2011, 08:44:54 EST »

I also skipped Vista... Vista was shizzle. BluRay isn't shizzle. 

While I agree, I more or less took the 3beans approach to BluRay. We didn't buy one until we needed a new DVD player, then we bought one that was multifunctional. The one we have is wireless and can easily stream Netflix can other video sites, so we have gotten our money's worth in the year we've had it even though we only own a couple of BluRay discs.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2011, 09:18:58 EST »

While I agree, I more or less took the 3beans approach to BluRay. We didn't buy one until we needed a new DVD player, then we bought one that was multifunctional. The one we have is wireless and can easily stream Netflix can other video sites, so we have gotten our money's worth in the year we've had it even though we only own a couple of BluRay discs.

I agree, I wasn't an early adopter either. My first BluRay player and the one I have on my man cave TV now is a $29 Magnavox Black Friday special from 2 black Fridays ago. And I bought T a refurb Sammy multifunction off of Woot when we moved for $99.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
3beans
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2011, 03:17:26 EST »

I agree, I wasn't an early adopter either. My first BluRay player and the one I have on my man cave TV now is a $29 Magnavox Black Friday special from 2 black Fridays ago. And I bought T a refurb Sammy multifunction off of Woot when we moved for $99.

Woot!  I didn't figure many here knew about it.  You might also want to investigate 1saleaday.  I think they have better stuff than woot.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2011, 03:48:46 EST »

What is a good wireless model with Netflix capability?

I've been thinking about picking one up for a while. I don't generally watch enough movies to justify the expense, but the added capability of being able to watch Netflix without the extra wear on my Xbox 360 console might be enough to push me over the fence.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2011, 04:04:15 EST »

What is a good wireless model with Netflix capability?

I've been thinking about picking one up for a while. I don't generally watch enough movies to justify the expense, but the added capability of being able to watch Netflix without the extra wear on my Xbox 360 console might be enough to push me over the fence.

I have an LG BD-670.  If streaming is your thing it has the most options, including Netflix, Youtube, Hulu, Pandora, MLB TV, and a lot more.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 04:06:51 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: