VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 11:10:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Really encouraged  (Read 1694 times)
Salvador VOLi
Starter

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2011, 02:06:41 EST »

I know it was just one game, but I am really encouraged.  The thing that I feared most in the first two games was that we were falling in love with the three and weren't working to get easier looks.  That was not at all the case in this game.  Of course, the first two teams that we played used zone almost exclusively and Duke didn't, but we feasted on the inside tonight and really made an effort to find our way to the line.  In fact, we only took 8 threes for the game and missed them all, but our effort to get inside was noteworthy.

Also, I felt like we played as hard as could for the entire game.  Duke got most of the calls (shocking), but we still tried and really out played them physically.  I was concerned with our inside game, but it seems that we can stand toe-to-toe even against some good players. 

Trae played well and despite foul trouble still got shots and good looks.  We really missed some easy baskets tonight around the rim, but if those fall (and Duke misses some of their ill-advised threes) this is a different game. 

Let's see what happens with Memphis tomorrow, but regardless, I think this team is going to improve as the season goes on and surprise a few people. 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 02:32:42 EST »

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 05:42:34 EST »

I was very impressed.  A good effort by our team.  Wish a couple of our 3s had fallen, and they made a couple prayers.      It's funny how game seem to somehow turn on who gets luckiest shooting 3s, but it's part of the game.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: