VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 04:54:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just watched the botched call in OT  (Read 3335 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2011, 02:36:00 EST »

The ref who blew the play dead was BLOCKED by the receiver and most likely saw the recievers HAND hit the ground.  The SOB had no business making the call as he was BLOCKED.  In addition, he was supposed to mark the position but NOT blow the whistle.  The SOB should be suspended for GROSS INCOMPTETENCE.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 02:57:50 EST »

The ref who blew the play dead was BLOCKED by the receiver and most likely saw the recievers HAND hit the ground.  The SOB had no business making the call as he was BLOCKED.  In addition, he was supposed to mark the position but NOT blow the whistle.  The SOB should be suspended for GROSS INCOMPTETENCE.

That is a bullshizzle rule.  A human can inject "no review" by blowing the whistle? That seems shady.  They did what they had to do in reversing human error.  I don't give a damn either!  
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 03:18:10 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 04:49:18 EST »

That is a bullshizzle rule.  A human can inject "no review" by blowing the whistle? That seems shady.  They did what they had to do in reversing human error.  I don't give a damn either!  

well, the logic behind it is that if the whistle blows then players slow down or stop, so the play should not count. Of course in our play no one slowed down

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 04:53:36 EST »

well, the logic behind it is that if the whistle blows then players slow down or stop, so the play should not count. Of course in our play no one slowed down

One of my UT buddies had a Vandy facebook friend tell him that all the Vandy players obviously stopped when the whistle blew.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 04:57:28 EST »

One of my UT buddies had a Vandy facebook friend tell him that all the Vandy players obviously stopped when the whistle blew.

Well, tell him to tell his vandy FB friend that UT fans, after LSU and UNC last year, don't weep for anyone.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 05:19:17 EST »

I would add a couple of points - it seemed to me like the whistle was very abbreviated - like the official knew right away that he kinda F'ed up.  Also, I kind of recall that some Vandy players did stop after the whistle, but the ones that did were on the other side of the field, 30-40 yds away.  The Vandy players closest to the play did not seem to hesitate, IIRC. 

I also wonder if the official told the ref that he did not blow his whistle when asked, or perhaps he just did not 'volunteer' that info to the ref.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 06:02:46 EST »

That's because they knew it was over...its what makes Vandy Vandy...they quit.  
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 08:18:32 EST »

I would add a couple of points - it seemed to me like the whistle was very abbreviated - like the official knew right away that he kinda F'ed up.  Also, I kind of recall that some Vandy players did stop after the whistle, but the ones that did were on the other side of the field, 30-40 yds away.  The Vandy players closest to the play did not seem to hesitate, IIRC. 

I also wonder if the official told the ref that he did not blow his whistle when asked, or perhaps he just did not 'volunteer' that info to the ref.

I heard the whistle blow multiple times. But I don't get a shizzle anyway.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: