VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 09:21:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vols got a new RB commitment  (Read 12862 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2011, 09:33:53 EST »

Quenshan Watson, 5'10 175 speed burner    (10.53 100m dash) from Athens GA

He has not been evaluated by the ratings services, but when he is, he will probably be a 3 star

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 02:23:33 EST by Volznut » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 09:40:39 EST »

I guess this means we're whiffing on the big-time rb recruits.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 10:09:42 EST »

I guess this means we're whiffing on the big-time rb recruits.

There really wasn't one on our radar other than Mario Pender, who reaffirmed he will go to FSU.

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 05:54:20 EST »

He has great vision on his film, and some real wiggle, plus he is definitely quick.  Could be a major sleeper if he can stay healthy in the SEC.
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 06:08:32 EST »

Johnson or Watson??
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 02:23:53 EST »

Johnson or Watson??

Watson....corrected. Thank you!
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 06:05:47 EST »

The single video I saw of him on youtube, he can fly!  got his ass handed to him a couple of times when trying to block.
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 06:16:12 EST »

I remember the good ole days when we used to compete with UGA for players and we got our share. Now all we get are their rejects.
10EC
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 02:37:42 EST »

I remember the good ole days when we used to compete with UGA for players and we got our share. Now all we get are their rejects.
We got a pretty good WR from them...   
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 03:47:04 EST »

We got a pretty good WR from them...   

If you are talking about Da'Rick, the Internet scuttlebutt is that Da'Rick has almost singlehandedly destroyed the locker room and that Baggett is set to resign because of him getting special treatment from Dooley. Sounds like Fulmer in 2002 with a certain gamebreaking freak of nature baseball player turned WR... a situation that I've always thought was the beginning of the end for Phil. FWIW, grain of salt, etc.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 05:38:04 EST »

If you are talking about Da'Rick, the Internet scuttlebutt is that Da'Rick has almost singlehandedly destroyed the locker room and that Baggett is set to resign because of him getting special treatment from Dooley. Sounds like Fulmer in 2002 with a certain gamebreaking freak of nature baseball player turned WR... a situation that I've always thought was the beginning of the end for Phil. FWIW, grain of salt, etc.

Before i finished your first sentence, i was thinking of the same guy.

And when i read Poole's comments, i cant help but think he's talking about Da'Rick, too. 

Kind of hard for Seniors to lead when one hotshot new guy is given a different set of rules.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 02:54:26 EST »

I don't buy the BS on Da'Rick Rogers. Every interview I have heard with him he was a well spoken, sharp, team first guy.

I think some people (reds) don't like him because he does some celebrating in a manner that they don't like (read between the lines there)

He was easily our biggest playmaker on the field. We certainly don't beat Vandy without him. He is one of three returning offensive playmakers. Poole was not a playmaker, and needs to appreciate what he was given at UT. A chance to play for an SEC school, get a free education, and have a shot at the NFL.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 09:50:29 EST »

I don't buy the BS on Da'Rick Rogers. Every interview I have heard with him he was a well spoken, sharp, team first guy.

I think some people (reds) don't like him because he does some celebrating in a manner that they don't like (read between the lines there)

He was easily our biggest playmaker on the field. We certainly don't beat Vandy without him. He is one of three returning offensive playmakers. Poole was not a playmaker, and needs to appreciate what he was given at UT. A chance to play for an SEC school, get a free education, and have a shot at the NFL.

I "know" Internet people who are certainly not rednecks... more the other way... young, NBA loving, swagger loving, hip hop listening, just out of college type guys... who swear it's the other way around about Da'Rick. nycvol010 that used to post on VQ is the loudest one of those.

I personally have no idea what to believe but I don't think this specific issue is about redneck white dudes who hate young black people. I think it's about rumors, whether true or manufactured.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 10:03:10 EST »

I "know" Internet people who are certainly not rednecks... more the other way... young, NBA loving, swagger loving, hip hop listening, just out of college type guys... who swear it's the other way around about Da'Rick. nycvol010 that used to post on VQ is the loudest one of those.

I personally have no idea what to believe but I don't think this specific issue is about redneck white dudes who hate young black people. I think it's about rumors, whether true or manufactured.

I think there is a fairly large element of rednecks (not just TN fans) who just don't like athletes from California, or black dudes who show, shall we say, swagger. I think it takes a bit of cockiness and swagger to play WR, and as long as you walk the walk and don't do illegal or blatantly offensive things, it's fine. Guys like Chad Ochocinco, T.O. get this rep. I think they can't wait to JUMP on the first rumor on these guys, and call them cancers, thugs, etc. I don't think Da'Rick is any of these things, he strikes me as a pretty intelligent kid who grew up with no parents. I have seen TN fans in the past who just don't like Casey Clausen or Erik Ainge, because they might wear an earring or spike their hair. It's part of the conservative mentality, and let's face it, fans in the SEC, are by and large, going to be conservative. I know this is skirting the political borders some, but I thought I'd air my thoughts on it anyway.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 10:28:50 EST »

I think there is a fairly large element of rednecks (not just TN fans) who just don't like athletes from California, or black dudes who show, shall we say, swagger. I think it takes a bit of cockiness and swagger to play WR, and as long as you walk the walk and don't do illegal or blatantly offensive things, it's fine. Guys like Chad Ochocinco, T.O. get this rep. I think they can't wait to JUMP on the first rumor on these guys, and call them cancers, thugs, etc. I don't think Da'Rick is any of these things, he strikes me as a pretty intelligent kid who grew up with no parents. I have seen TN fans in the past who just don't like Casey Clausen or Erik Ainge, because they might wear an earring or spike their hair. It's part of the conservative mentality, and let's face it, fans in the SEC, are by and large, going to be conservative. I know this is skirting the political borders some, but I thought I'd air my thoughts on it anyway.

I think that there is legitimacy to what you are saying, but I'm not sure the source of the Da'Rick rumors are coming from that angle. I think they get carried along because some people are ready to believe it for the reasons you say, but in this case I think the source of the Da'Rick rumors are different. I'm not qualified to say whether it's true or not.

I don't think there is really a political bent to what you are saying... it's more cultural. People in our area aren't the way they are because of politics... they have the beliefs they do, both social and political, because of culture. In this case conservative isn't a political label, it is a cultural one. For example I am more of a socially liberal person but a generally politically conservative person.

I'm not in the mood for a political thread on the main board and I think this is a relevant topic without being political, so I'd ask that people not pursue the political angle or I will remove those posts.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:31:32 EST by ReVOLver » Logged

Quasi EVol
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 01:50:19 EST »

If there was an Ochocinco and/or T.O. in the locker room, that would say a lot about this season.  Go BengalVols! 
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 03:10:09 EST »

I for 1 call BULLshizzle ON THIS POST.......................................Rednecks buy the tickets and jerseys too......................his teammate is not happy about him, and I don't think Poole is RED?  This is the same guy who was arrested and I saw the pic of him leaving the jail with him Damn shorts hanging off his ass..........................oh yeah and the fact that he wants to talk shizzle after every catch, but he drops alot of easy catches that has cost the team critical first downs all year, especially in big games.......He needs to just shut the hell up and play ball...........do it for the team, not DaRick!!!!

Go Big Orange.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 03:18:54 EST »

I for 1 call BULLshizzle ON THIS POST.......................................Rednecks buy the tickets and jerseys too......................his teammate is not happy about him, and I don't think Poole is RED?  This is the same guy who was arrested and I saw the pic of him leaving the jail with him Damn shorts hanging off his ass..........................oh yeah and the fact that he wants to talk shizzle after every catch, but he drops alot of easy catches that has cost the team critical first downs all year, especially in big games.......He needs to just shut the hell up and play ball...........do it for the team, not DaRick!!!!

Calm down. Reign it in a little.

ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 03:26:27 EST »

I think there is a fairly large element of rednecks (not just TN fans) who just don't like athletes from California, or black dudes who show, shall we say, swagger.

But this shizzle is OK to post?
Not by a long shot!

Go Big Orange.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 03:51:07 EST »

No offense to 'Nut, but I thought it's a pretty baseless assumption myself. I grew up in one of, if not THE, biggest redneck counties in Tennessee, and spiked hair was all the fad when I was in 5th grade. I had a spike myself. I've never heard any redneck say anything about spiked hair. Frosted hair on a guy, maybe. But not spiked hair.

And there have been lots of UT athletes from California. Tyler Bray is from California.

JP Prince didn't have a lot of tattoos or anything like that. OTOH, Bobby Maze was covered in tattoos and I never heard any of UT's "redneck" fans complaining about him.

The conservative/redneck equation is interesting.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 03:53:48 EST by BigOrange Maniac » Logged
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 04:02:25 EST »

But this shizzle is OK to post?
Not by a long shot!

It's all OK if you calm down and discuss it rationally. We're dealing with opinions here and I think it's a very interesting discussion.

I'm from Dickson County... I guess you can say I've got quite a bit of redneck in me... so I understand where you are coming from... I'm just asking you not to blow up every time someone makes a post you disagree with and call it bullshizzle etc.

I don't agree with 'nut's point 100% exactly the way that he put it, but to say that there's not an aspect of just about every SEC fan base that isn't distrustful of a lot of these young guys... especially the ones with their "Damn shorts hanging off their ass"... Well, anybody who acts like that isn't true at Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and so on, has a questionable opinion on the matter.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 04:05:11 EST »

The conservative/redneck equation is interesting.

That's where I think it gets off base. I don't think politics plays a part at all if the word "conservative" is the political interpretation of that word.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 04:04:24 EST »

I think in some cases maybe the cocky black athletes do rub some people the wrong way.  We don't really have a TO or Ochocinco situation here though.  Far from it.  I actually think TO was far worse than Ocho anyway.  TO was at a whole level by himself.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 04:08:18 EST »

Yes, this subject fires me up a lot.  I am sick and tired of every time an issue is brought up that involves a non-white player, that the rednecks being racist is always commented by Volznut....every time...this has nothing to do with color or race, if this were the whitest kid on the team, everyone would have the exact same opinion....race is not an issue.  having an opinion on a message board is one thing but with nut bringing this up every time, it goes way beyond that. this is a kid with an attitude problem and needing to know how to be a team player, not a race problem.  

Go Big Orange.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 04:19:02 EST »

Yes, this subject fires me up a lot.  I am sick and tired of every time an issue is brought up that involves a non-white player, that the rednecks being racist is always commented by Volznut....every time...this has nothing to do with color or race, if this were the whitest kid on the team, everyone would have the exact same opinion....race is not an issue.  having an opinion on a message board is one thing but with nut bringing this up every time, it goes way beyond that. this is a kid with an attitude problem and needing to know how to be a team player, not a race problem.  

ReVOLver is right, it's a culture problem, not political. I am talking about Bray, CC and Ainge as well, they're white. I call it like I see it. I'm neither white or black, I have a perspective about this from a side that a white or black person may not have.....and I do see many TN fans who can't wait to jump on a guy if they're culturally different from the southern boy. Am I saying they all do, no. To say "race is not an issue" is naive as well, race is always an issue for many people, whether it is to YOU or not, and many like to live in denial of that. And yes, it is an issue for both black and white ppl.

I don't know if Bray or Rogers have an attitude problem. Right now it's internet rumor.  I have seen many instances where I have seen leadership from Bray, and Rogers is a guy, a playmaker who wants to win...All I can tell you is that I'll take a Bray and a Rogers on this team any day, and without them we don't win crap in 2012. I also think we need more guys like them, yes, MORE guys like them. I am glad we're getting some guys with swagger coming in. Santos, O'brien, McNeil, Peters, and Crawley all have a reputation of having some nastiness about them. We will need that....this is football.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: