VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 07:44:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlie Baggett is out  (Read 23662 times)
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 07:04:35 EST »

I don't know if he'd be the best in terms of WR performance though. He has very little experience as a WR coach, and we don't need to hire him just because he is a VFL.

I agree. I'm actually opposed to bringing back Martin to coach WRs. I would love to see him as QB coach if Hinshaw doesn't pan out.

But there's no denying that he's the guy an overwhelming majority of UT fans want and Dooley would earn himself a lot of fan favors by making the hire.

He might want to watch Tee's little clip from after the UK-UF game first, though...    http://sportsbybrooks.com/honest-tee-i-dunno-i-never-played-the-position-29860
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 07:05:25 EST »

I agree. I'm actually opposed to bringing back Martin to coach WRs. I would love to see him as QB coach if Hinshaw doesn't pan out.

But there's no denying that he's the guy an overwhelming majority of UT fans want and Dooley would earn himself a lot of fan favors by making the hire.

He might want to watch Tee's little clip from after the UK-UF game first, though...    http://sportsbybrooks.com/honest-tee-i-dunno-i-never-played-the-position-29860

yeah I have seen that comment. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 07:28:41 EST »

6?  Haven't heard that many. That would be disaster

Constant rumors about Wilcox leaving to join Chris Petersen at UCLA if Petersen goes. If Wilcox goes, Sirmon is going to go.

I posted earlier about the rumors I've read about Lance Thompson being a prime candidate to be the next HC at UAB, about Eric Russell following Mike Leach, and about Joseph and Heistand being on the block.

By my count all those guys plus Baggett make 7.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2011, 07:31:38 EST »

Constant rumors about Wilcox leaving to join Chris Petersen at UCLA if Petersen goes. If Wilcox goes, Sirmon is going to go.

I posted earlier about the rumors I've read about Lance Thompson being a prime candidate to be the next HC at UAB, about Eric Russell following Mike Leach, and about Joseph and Heistand being on the block.

By my count all those guys plus Baggett make 7.

Meanwhile, we pause to consider the possibility that freakin' UCLA can land a highly-sought-after coach and Tennessee cannot...

I'm not too concerned about Russell or Joseph...and obviously I'd like to see Hiestand fired. Losing that many coaches would be a setback for recruiting, obviously. As good as I think Thompson is at what he does as recruiter/position coach, I can't see UAB making a serious push for him as a head coach.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2011, 07:37:57 EST »

Meanwhile, we pause to consider the possibility that freakin' UCLA can land a highly-sought-after coach and Tennessee cannot...

I'm not too concerned about Russell or Joseph...and obviously I'd like to see Hiestand fired. Losing that many coaches would be a setback for recruiting, obviously. As good as I think Thompson is at what he does as recruiter/position coach, I can't see UAB making a serious push for him as a head coach.

I wouldn't be offended at all if Petersen went to UCLA. He's a west coast guy who wants to stay on the west coast. That's why he hasn't taken any of the big jobs that have been open back east.

The Lance Thompson being a candidate at UAB is the only verified thing I have posted. The rumor part of it is that he's going to be offered the job. But Hubbs said the other day that Thompson was in the mix there.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2011, 07:41:59 EST »

Come to UGA, Cordarrelle Patterson!   

Go Dawgs!

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2011, 07:44:48 EST »

Go Dawgs!

He was going to go to UGa before Baggett left is what I've been reading the last couple of days. He is a great player.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2011, 08:05:20 EST »

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
Baggett out at Tenn b/c he couldn't close Memphis or ATL. Told Tenn may raise Lance Thompson, possibly w/ Baggett Asst HC title (see UAB)

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2011, 08:12:10 EST »

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
Baggett out at Tenn b/c he couldn't close Memphis or ATL. Told Tenn may raise Lance Thompson, possibly w/ Baggett Asst HC title (see UAB)

That would be very smart.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2011, 08:14:49 EST »

If Russell goes to WaSt, why not shift TEs to Heistand (or whoever replaces him) and free up the spot to make a serious push at Jay Graham? To me, that would be preferable to firing Hinshaw...although Baggett can obviously coach QBs (so can Martin if UT were to hire him), I like what Hinshaw has been doing. Plus if half of the rumors pan out, it makes sense to try and avoid further turnover.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2011, 01:46:20 EST »

TonyBasilio Tony Basilio
I hear Wilcox is meeting with some of his players today. Will post update later today when I get it. #Vols

I would just like to point out that this apparently didn't happen. Basilio was wrong. Anyone surprised? No? Didn't think so...
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2011, 02:09:32 EST »

I would just like to point out that this apparently didn't happen. Basilio was wrong. Anyone surprised? No? Didn't think so...

Figures.  I would be surprised if 1/3 of his little "expose" was true.   
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2011, 03:29:12 EST »

ESPN is reporting today that Petersen isn't likely to be a candidate at UCLA. Good for us, I suppose.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/story/_/id/7305778/boise-state-not-allow-chris-petersen-talk-ucla-bruins-source-says
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2011, 03:46:45 EST »

Go Dawgs!

His recruiter for UT is Darin Hinshaw. So, if Hinshaw actually gets moved to coach Wrs, it could help UT

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: