VTTW Board Index
May 19, 2024, 02:57:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here's the most sickening news I've heard in long time...  (Read 5605 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2012, 04:23:10 EST »

If this is true, I vote we rename Tee Martin Drive.

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/2/15/2801407/tee-martin-hired-usc-football-wide-receiver-coach

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 04:42:18 EST »

Amen....rename it of shut it down!!!!!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 05:47:54 EST »

Great move by Tee...resume' builder. He can escape the sucky football at UK and go build a name for himself.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 01:05:54 EST »

Great move by Tee...resume' builder. He can escape the sucky football at UK and go build a name for himself.

Agreed, and if we can't have him... good to get him out of the SEC.  Good for Tee.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 03:19:27 EST »

I have mixed feelings about this one. I understand aobut building a resume, but then again it's Lane Kiffin! The biggest thing that gets me though is that UT had an opening and Tee never got a call. Heck, Dooley could have hired him as the QB coach and let Chaney be the OC and let him move about on the offensive side on a daily basis. Heck, he had Tee could have worked together with the QB's. 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 03:34:11 EST »

Tee needs to have a little more experience before he gets a call. I think he will, in the future.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 03:37:05 EST »

Maybe we'll steal him away the season before we kick kittens ass for a national championship! 
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 03:52:45 EST »

Tee needs to have a little more experience before he gets a call. I think he will, in the future.

Yep.  I say GO TEE!  Get all the experience you can and then come home to Tennessee!   He is a great guy and I wish him all the best!  Just preparing to "come home"!  :-)

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 09:25:51 EST »

I dislike Lane as much as the next guy, but he is an okay X and O coach, and if Tee got a call from SoCal, he could/should get a call from UT. 

Of course, knowing Lane, he might have done it just to tweak UT again, even if it was subconcious. 

For his part, Tee might be a bit POed about being snubbed and is getting some satisfaction from going to soCal.

You have to think that Tee can recruit, being a QB on a national championship team, at the very least.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 09:46:13 EST »

Of course, knowing Lane, he might have done it just to tweak UT again, even if it was subconcious. 

I GUARANTEE that's the case.  Think about it:  for a guy who always brags about having the best staff in football, do you really think he would have hired anyone else with an identical resume?  As much as we love(d) Tee, his coaching credentials are still pretty thin at this point.  He didn't exactly set the world on fire at UK.  Kiffin has proven he'll spare no expense to hire any coach he wants.  Do you REALLY think he hired Tee because he was the best guy available?  He's just using him, and I'm disappointed that Tee is too blind to see it. 

I have a picture of Tee walking into Jalen Ramsey's house in Brentwood wearing his red and yellow crap and extolling the virtues of Watts U, and it makes me want to puke. 

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 10:22:58 EST »

I GUARANTEE that's the case.  Think about it:  for a guy who always brags about having the best staff in football, do you really think he would have hired anyone else with an identical resume?  As much as we love(d) Tee, his coaching credentials are still pretty thin at this point.  He didn't exactly set the world on fire at UK.  Kiffin has proven he'll spare no expense to hire any coach he wants.  Do you REALLY think he hired Tee because he was the best guy available?  He's just using him, and I'm disappointed that Tee is too blind to see it. 

I have a picture of Tee walking into Jalen Ramsey's house in Brentwood wearing his red and yellow crap and extolling the virtues of Watts U, and it makes me want to puke. 

I don't think so. I don't think Kiffin cares about "tweaking" UT. I think he wants Tee for recruiting, Tee has good connections to southern states like Alabama, FL, and Georgia.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 10:28:10 EST »

I don't think so. I don't think Kiffin cares about "tweaking" UT. I think he wants Tee for recruiting, Tee has good connections to southern states like Alabama, FL, and Georgia.

Well of course that's part of it.  Kiffin and O's names are mud in this part of the country.  I don't doubt that he'd want a coach with Southern roots for recruiting.  But there are a LOT of those out there, most with better resumes than Tee.

Quasi EVol
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 12:33:07 EST »

Yep.  I say GO TEE!  Get all the experience you can and then come home to Tennessee!   He is a great guy and I wish him all the best!  Just preparing to "come home"!  :-)

If nothing else, he'll have inside knowledge of how a program goes from repeat offender to death penalty.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 03:27:34 EST »

Well when Kiffin gets fired, I would welcome Tee back to Neyland and gladly.  I don't blame him for doing what's best for him.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: