VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 11:20:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We are fishing.......  (Read 21777 times)
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2012, 11:26:44 EDT »

trust me on this one.

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 12:13:12 EDT »

Help me out...you mean for a new coach????  For answers???? You and your boys are fishing instead of watching the remaining games???  Or?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 12:19:22 EDT »

UT is.

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 12:33:30 EDT »

UT is.

Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 12:37:48 EDT »

coach

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 12:41:43 EDT »

coach

Ok.  That's what I thought you meant.  God, I'm getting tired of coaching searches.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 01:47:03 EDT »

Doesn't hurt to be prepared.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 02:38:29 EDT »

I can't think of any sure fire names out there to be had.

And if we're gonna go bargain shopping again, why bother?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 02:54:59 EDT »

I can't think of any sure fire names out there to be had.

And if we're gonna go bargain shopping again, why bother?

I'd offer as high as $7M per for Chris Peterson.  Make him say no, which he probably will.  Then go after a Riley or Patterson.  Heck, maybe even Pinkel.  That would be one way to stoke a rivalry with our new conference member.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 03:16:07 EDT »

I'd offer as high as $7M per for Chris Peterson.  Make him say no, which he probably will.  Then go after a Riley or Patterson.  Heck, maybe even Pinkel.  That would be one way to stoke a rivalry with our new conference member.

Gotta be a splash hire, otherwise don't even bother.  I think/hope Hart would know that.
CobbWebb
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 04:12:14 EDT »

Well, they had better land a big'un or don't bother coming to the weigh in. No more small fry coaches.

trust me on this one.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 04:13:31 EDT »

trust me on this one.

Bring on Mike Riley,Charlie Strong or Bob Petrino

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 07:48:02 EDT »

I don't know whether to take the bait or not. But if the Vols are in the market for a new coach they better go for, and pay the money to go with it, to get a name brand coach who has proven ability, better be a big name and personally I'm not against Bobby Petrino. EVerybody deserves a second chance.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 07:51:53 EDT »

personally I'm not against Bobby Petrino. EVerybody deserves a second chance.

Absolutely they do.  Unfortunately, this would be about the 5th chance for Petrino.  He's a proven quantity at this point.  If anyone gives him yet another chance, it needs to come at the high school level or below. 

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 08:04:39 EDT »

Absolutely they do.  Unfortunately, this would be about the 5th chance for Petrino.  He's a proven quantity at this point.  If anyone gives him yet another chance, it needs to come at the high school level or below. 

If Tennessee doesn't hire him, he'll be at Kentucky. Book it.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 08:09:44 EDT »

If Tennessee doesn't hire him, he'll be at Kentucky. Book it.
Good! Then they will have to deal with the bull shizzle that goes with him
Whether it is screwing an employee, meeting with other college ADs or money bags, or leaving teams in a lurch in the middle of the season he is TROUBLE and would at the end of the day bring just more bad publicity or worse to the University.  We have had enough of that, we do not need any more.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 08:12:16 EDT »

Whether it is screwing an employee, meeting with other college ADs or money bags, or leaving teams in a lurch in the middle of the season he is TROUBLE and would at the end of the day bring just more bad publicity or worse to the University.  We have had enough of that, we do not need any more.

I bet he turns UK into a good program even if he does derail again.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 08:14:39 EDT »

I bet he turns UK into a good program even if he does derail again.
Don't care, we don't need his baggage.

BTW remember their last big splashy offensive genius?

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 08:15:24 EDT »

Yep, after all we've been through the past few years, you'd think we would have learned our lesson by now.  If we hire Petrino, we deserve every bit of fallout and embarrassment that comes with him.  And when he skips town and leaves us holding the bag, we'll deserve that too.

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 08:15:45 EDT »

And if Kentucky ends up with him they'll start their own streak over Tennessee. Let me restate it. If they are fishing they better go big or go home. I'd hire Petrino and fill his contract with the strictness and accountability. Look at what he did in the short time at Arkansas. Look at how competitive and explosive his teams were wherever he's been.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:17:19 EDT by Screaming Eagle Dad » Logged
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 08:19:17 EDT »

OV 75 where'd you get this information from anyhow? Boi u've ignited a firestorm!!!!!!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 08:24:33 EDT »

And if Kentucky ends up with him they'll start their own streak over Tennessee. Let me restate it. If they are fishing they better go big or go home. I'd hire Petrino and fill his contract with the strictness and accountability. Look at what he did in the short time at Arkansas. Look at how competitive and explosive his teams were wherever he's been.

Given your stance in the thread about mental toughness, I'm really surprised you'd want Petrino.  This guy has screwed over his friends, his family, and every boss he's ever worked for.  EVERY one.  He thought he was getting Michael Vick in his prime.  When that didn't happen, he ran away in the middle of the night, in the middle of the season.  And THIS is the guy who's supposed to instill mental toughness in our players?  He's a snake and a coward, and he'd fit in perfectly with the OTHER high-profile coach at UK.  Let them have him.  I'd rather not sell our souls (again).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 08:28:23 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 08:25:11 EDT »

OV 75 where'd you get this information from anyhow? Boi u've ignited a firestorm!!!!!!

Would love to have the freedom to say but I don't. But I do know we are in fact fishing.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 08:27:42 EDT »

Given your stance in the thread about mental toughness, I'm really surprised you'd want Petrino.  This guy has screwed over his friends, his family, and every boss he's every worked for.  EVERY one.  He thought he was getting Michael Vick in his prime.  When that didn't happen, he ran away in the middle of the night, in the middle of the season.  And THIS is the guy who's supposed to instill mental toughness in our players?  He's a snake and a coward, and he'd fit in perfectly with the OTHER high-profile coach at UK.  Let them have him.  I'd rather not sell our souls (again).
Word

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 08:28:58 EDT »

Don't care, we don't need his baggage.

BTW remember their last big splashy offensive genius?

Their last big splashy offensive genius was not a proven head football coach. Petrino is as good as Urban Meyer, he's just a bigger a-hole.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: