VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 11:30:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Early hoops talk - How good will the Vols be?  (Read 2236 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2012, 10:12:24 EDT »

I think this team has real potential, and will challenge UK and UF for the SEC.

The starting 5, IMO

1 – Golden 6’1 Jr
2 – McRae 6’5 Jr
3 – Maymon 6’6 Sr
4 – Stokes 6’8 Soph
5 – Hall  6’9 Sr

Off the bench – some mixture of

F - Richardson – 6’6 Soph
G - McBee – 6’3 Sr
F - Makanjoula – 6’9 Soph
F - Miller – 6’8 Sr
F/G - Edwards – 6’7 Jr
G - Chievous – 6’4 RS Fr
PG - Moore – 6’3 Fr

This team’s pretty loaded, talented, and experienced. Moore looked good as the backup PG in Italy. Edwards, the juco, is an athletic guy who can score. Chievous is an athletic player who has looked good. The return of Hall is big, he was coming into his own before getting the boot last year. This team will be a force on the glass for sure.

Thoughts on how far this team can go?
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 10:17:12 EDT »

I think NCAA invitation 6-10 seed

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 10:19:43 EDT »

They can be pretty good. They won't win the SEC. They should make the NCAA.

They will go depending on how good Hall plays and how good Stokes has gotten on offense. Hall has been bad to inconsistently fair. Stokes was great until he faced bigger players then he struggled to score.

Our guards are still weak and If we play a pressing team we will be in trouble just like last year.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 01:00:15 EDT »

Last year, the team went as Golden did.  When he was on, they were really, really tough to beat.  He needs to find some consistency this year.  Hall was playing the best basketball of his career when he got suspended.  Will he return to that form? 

If all goes well, this team can win the SEC.  Remember, UK may not get all their recruits in school.  It's looking like Noel, at least, may not be eligible.  That would be a huge hit for them (And my heart would break for them. Really.). UF will be pretty good, but I think we have their number.  Vandy lost everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY.  Cue ball will be hating life this year.  I won't say we'll win the SEC Tourney, because that's just crazy talk .  But a regular season SEC title is well within reach.  As for the NCAAT, it all depends on the matchups.  But experienced teams like ours usually fare pretty well there. 

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 03:43:44 EDT »

Last year, the team went as Golden did.  When he was on, they were really, really tough to beat.  He needs to find some consistency this year.  Hall was playing the best basketball of his career when he got suspended.  Will he return to that form? 

If all goes well, this team can win the SEC.  Remember, UK may not get all their recruits in school.  It's looking like Noel, at least, may not be eligible.  That would be a huge hit for them (And my heart would break for them. Really.). UF will be pretty good, but I think we have their number.  Vandy lost everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY.  Cue ball will be hating life this year.  I won't say we'll win the SEC Tourney, because that's just crazy talk .  But a regular season SEC title is well within reach.  As for the NCAAT, it all depends on the matchups.  But experienced teams like ours usually fare pretty well there. 

if Noel is ineligible, UK isn't going to be world beaters this year - still a good team. I think their starting lineup without Noel is like this:

1 - Ryan Harrow - soph, 6'2 - He is pretty good, but not a one and done type. He's a transfer
2 - Archie Goodwin - Freshman, 6'5 - Very good player, possible one and done
3 - Kyle Wiltjer - Soph - Good player, better outside game than inside. 4 year type player
4 - Alex Proythress - Freshman, 6'7 - Very good player, not sure he is a one and done. Little under sized maybe for a one and done
5 - Willie Cauley-Stein - Freshman, 7'0 - Good player. Better defensive player than offensive.

This team is nowhere near what Cal has had in recent years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: