VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 07:35:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Positives and Negatives of Dooley  (Read 9732 times)
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 03:03:43 EDT »

I don't accept that we should have lost to VaTech the way we did, anymore than you accept any of Dooley's losses.  They weren't THAT good.  

But how do you explain the 42-17 shellacking by Ole Miss?  That was freaking embarassing.  It's one thing to lose that way to bama or florida, another completely to lose that way to Ole Miss.

While I'm at it, we should have beaten UCLA.  Kiffin's playcalling at the end of that game was horrible.  He ran Hardesty for one play, then Bryce Brown ran in while Hardesty ran out and tried Bryce, then  Hardesty came back in for two plays.  Hardesty gained 7 yards on two plays and Bryce got stopped cold, then we went for it on 4th and goal from the one and got stuffed.  Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.  Hardesty was a far better between the tackles runner than Bryce.  If he had carried all three, it would have been an easy TD IMO.  Hell, he wore them both out having to run back and forth to the sideline!  The fizzleing MORON!

Then we lost to Auburn 26-22.  Auburn had the worst run D in the league, if not the country that year.  We ran 45 yards to their 9 yard line and Kiffin, that amazing dumass, had CROMPTON pass the ball three times in a row, and then we missed the FG.    I know Crompton played well later in the season, but WTF was Kiffin thinking?  That was the difference in the game right there!

And speaking of that bammer game, recall that Kiffin chose to run out the clock after our kicker had ALREADY MISSED two field goals from that same distance.    WTF was he thinking?  That kicker had been inconsistent from beyond 40 yards all season and we had it first and 10 with over a minute left, and he runs out the clock?   Ridiculous!  Cody didn't cost us that game, KIFFIN did.  Cody didn't have to block it, that kid would have missed anyway.  

Also recall that we let a terrible Kentucky team take us into OT.  Was that mentally tough?

I will grant you that Kiffin had his moments, but he was far from perfect as a coach and his attitude, disdain for recruiting rules and general douchebaggery greatly outweighed that.

Fulmer could have done as well or better than Kiffin IMO.  

And look...Lane already lost to Stanford...again, with a really talented USC team.  The effects of probation are going to eviscerate that team next year, and I think they drop 1-2 more games this year.  I am really going to enjoy that.  

I shouldn't have brought Kiffin up........................this discussion has nothing to do with him........................................Dooley just needs to prove himself, which he has yet to do.  It's time for Dooley to put up.  This is year 3.................................NO MORE EXCUSES..........YOU PROVE YOURSELF WITH A GAMEPLAN THAT FOR STARTERS GEORGIA HAS TROUBLE WITH AND IS NOT READY FOR.............................AND LEADS TO A WIN PERIOD DOT
I am like ReVolver and LYN and honestly can't believe that anyone would make excuses or try to reason for our SUCKING IN FOOTBALL(NOT THAT YOU HAVE).........................WE STILL ARE TENNESSEE!  WE SHOULD DEMAND BETTER THAN WHAT WE ARE GETTING THE LAST 2 YEARS.
The loss to Florida does not bother me as bad as the way the team just collapsed, hung their heads, and got blown off the field at the end.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:16:09 EDT by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 03:21:56 EDT »

I am like ReVolver and LYN and honestly can't believe that anyone would make excuses or try to reason for our SUCKING IN FOOTBALL.........................WE STILL ARE TENNESSEE!  WE SHOULD DEMAND BETTER THAN WHAT WE ARE GETTING THE LAST 2 YEARS.

No one is making any excuses for anything.  Part of the reason we are in this mess, IMO, is a lack of patience in the first place.  2007 looks pretty good in retrospect, but there were a lot of unhappy campers that year.  Most of the unhappiness had to do with the blowouts we suffered at Florida and bammer.  But I wonder, if anyone complaining about those two games that year had known that between them, those two teams would win 3 of the last four MNCs, would the complaining have been as loud?   Granted, neither of them won it in 2007, but they were definitely building towards it.

So because some were not happy with 2007, which I admit could have been better, there was enormous pressure on 2008.  2008 was impossible to defend, but part of me wonders if the pressure made it worse.  Who knows. I only bring it up for this reason:  Clearly the change did not go well in 2008.  Hamilton apparently had no spine.  He pulled the trigger right before an easy run of games, because apparently he lacked the balls to do it after Fulmer had won a game, and that contributed, no, CAUSED US, to lose to Wyoming and finish ruining what was left of the season.  Then Fulmer's presser went really bad, with him in tears and the players openly defying the admin.  And then...we got KIFFIN   .  What a cluster fizzle!

IMO all the carping among the fans contributed to the problems.  I would hope, like BDV said earlier, that we all stay civil and focus on what's best for the program and not our own opinions.  I and some others think Dooley deserves the rest of the season to prove he can do it.  Not everyone does.  I think everyone would agree the best thing is for him to go 8-0 the rest of the way and go to the SECCG. We all know that's not going to happen. 

I think he can pull out an 8-4 season and that's good to build on for next year.  Not everyone agrees, and that's fine.  But we are about to find out one way or the other.  The next 6 weeks will tell the tale.  Let's see how it plays out.  Here's the thing...he can do bad enough to lose guys like me and he can do well enough to gain guys like you and he can split the difference and let us argue all summer.   I can't foretell the future, but I can guarantee you one of those options will play out.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 03:31:07 EDT »

I went back and added an insert about you not making excuses...............prob while you were typing

Go Big Orange.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2012, 03:36:07 EDT »

I definitely don't want to fire Dooley right now, but we have to play better that we did against Florida and Akron or we are gonna get SMACKED AROUND THE NEXT 4 GAMES.  IF we don't pick it up and play much better and have a good record  by the end of the season(BETTER THAN 7-5), i think we have to start thinking about a change and looking for a BIGTIME coach.
I think we finish no better than 7-5, possibly 6-6 this year....................shizzle, I HOPE I'M WRONG.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:39:37 EDT by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: