VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 03:20:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any more excuses?  (Read 30743 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 04:13:27 EDT »

Or maybe I should just ask you to explain what the intent of the emoticon was in that post.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 04:32:54 EDT »

Or maybe I should just ask you to explain what the intent of the emoticon was in that post.
Why?  You would just misinterpret my response ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 04:41:56 EDT »

Why?  You would just misinterpret my response ...

I certainly interpreted the emoticon in a certain way. What's one more (mis)interpretation? If you aren't willing to expand, maybe the first response was better left unposted.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 06:54:27 EDT »

One other thing Revolver...it's one thing to talk about needing a change, it's another thing to do it right.  We definitely didn't do it right last time.  The fanbase was demanding a change and Hamilton caved, but he was completely unprepared to replace Fulmer.  I still remember privately shaking my head at the hiring of Kiffin. I didn't post much against him, but let me put it this way now, would anyone run Fulmer off now for DOOLEY, or even KIFFIN?  I sure as hell wouldn't.

So in terms of our current coaching situation, we had better have something pretty good to come in and replace Dooley.  If what we get isn't much better, then don't bother.  It might not seem challenging to replace Dooley, and perhaps it's not.  But I think the standard we need to use is, we need to get someone that is a worthy replacement for FULMER.  That is, go back and do right what should have been done better to begin with.

And let me add....I think a big....no HUGE part of the problem was that Hamilton was cowed by public opinion and acted out of fear and not what was actually the best thing to do.

Clay Travis points out that a lot of programs are probably shopping for coaches this year.  So it's going to be tough to get a big name, maybe.

So should we get another bargain bin coach just to say we are replacing Dooley, or if prospects look better, should we wait till next year even if the best he can do is likely now 7-5?

This is a legitimite question.  I am okay with or without a coaching change, but if done, it dam well better be a big name.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 01:50:47 EDT »

One other thing Revolver...it's one thing to talk about needing a change, it's another thing to do it right.  We definitely didn't do it right last time.  The fanbase was demanding a change and Hamilton caved, but he was completely unprepared to replace Fulmer.  I still remember privately shaking my head at the hiring of Kiffin. I didn't post much against him, but let me put it this way now, would anyone run Fulmer off now for DOOLEY, or even KIFFIN?  I sure as hell wouldn't.

So in terms of our current coaching situation, we had better have something pretty good to come in and replace Dooley.  If what we get isn't much better, then don't bother.  It might not seem challenging to replace Dooley, and perhaps it's not.  But I think the standard we need to use is, we need to get someone that is a worthy replacement for FULMER.  That is, go back and do right what should have been done better to begin with.

And let me add....I think a big....no HUGE part of the problem was that Hamilton was cowed by public opinion and acted out of fear and not what was actually the best thing to do.

Clay Travis points out that a lot of programs are probably shopping for coaches this year.  So it's going to be tough to get a big name, maybe.

So should we get another bargain bin coach just to say we are replacing Dooley, or if prospects look better, should we wait till next year even if the best he can do is likely now 7-5?

This is a legitimite question.  I am okay with or without a coaching change, but if done, it dam well better be a big name.

Clay Travis? Haha... Who cares what Clay Travis thinks?

I'm weary of the debate. Everybody knows where I stand. I agree that it's time for a home run hire.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2012, 01:57:34 EDT »

Glad to see you come around.   
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2012, 03:09:30 EDT »

I'm weary of the debate. Everybody knows where I stand. I agree that it's time for a home run hire.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2012, 03:38:57 EDT »

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2012, 03:40:28 EDT »

Miss State's avg recruiting ranking over the last three years = 35th. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 03:55:53 EDT »

Well, it's obvious you don't think my posts are hilarious. Passive aggression is not very becoming, FWIW.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 04:18:20 EDT »

Clay Travis? 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 04:32:42 EDT »

Miss State's avg recruiting ranking over the last three years = 35th. 

Seems like MSU's players are getting Coached up(UT needs some of that!)and are learning.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 04:42:45 EDT »

Glad to see you come around.   

I am not calling for a coaching change, if that's what you mean.  But if it comes, do it right.

Frankly, some of the fans that were so anxious to run Fulmer off in early 2007 are getting exactly what they deserve.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 04:48:00 EDT »

I am not calling for a coaching change, if that's what you mean.  But if it comes, do it right.

Frankly, some of the fans that were so anxious to run Fulmer off in early 2007 are getting exactly what they deserve.   

Couldn't agree more on Fulmer.  It now seems like a colossal mistake, to me.  And we're on the same page in that the coaching change needs to be done right.  There is some hope in that at least we know it won't be Hammy doing the hiring.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 05:19:31 EDT »

I trust Hart to handle the hiring correctly.  He has to have a big name hire already signed, sealed and delivered before Dooley is let go.  To let Dooley go without having someone else already hired is a monumental mistake, imo.  I'd rather have Dooley for another year than to have to settle (again).
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2012, 05:22:26 EDT »

Well, it's obvious you don't think my posts are hilarious. Passive aggression is not very becoming, FWIW.
a new favorite phrase?
The response (  ) the other night was sarcasm since I deleted a long post that explained some things but figured it would just add another crease in your hair.

This one I Truly thought your post was funny as hell.  You don't give a damn about Clay's position but you seemed to expect that all cared for yours.

BTW ...

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2012, 05:30:25 EDT »

a new favorite phrase?
The response (  ) the other night was sarcasm since I deleted a long post that explained some things but figured it would just add another crease in your hair.

This one I Truly thought your post was funny as hell.  You don't give a damn about Clay's position but you seemed to expect that all cared for yours.

BTW ...

The bolded part is absolutely laughable. I couldn't care less what you or anybody else thinks about my opinions.

Clay Travis is a troll on the radio and Internet who just says whatever he can to get the most reaction / hits / page views. His opinions are irrelevant, just like mine. And just like yours.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2012, 07:06:59 EDT »

Couldn't agree more on Fulmer.  It now seems like a colossal mistake, to me.  And we're on the same page in that the coaching change needs to be done right.  There is some hope in that at least we know it won't be Hammy doing the hiring.

It was handled badly, but just because neither of the successors were the right choice to replace him doesn't mean it was a mistake to fire him.

But Hamilton really screwed it up.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2012, 07:43:03 EDT »

THAT we can agree on

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2012, 08:08:00 EDT »

It was handled badly, but just because neither of the successors were the right choice to replace him doesn't mean it was a mistake to fire him.

I'd rather have what we had then what we have now.  Jmo
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2012, 08:10:54 EDT »

Disagree. Fulmer had to go. The mistake was in hiring Kiffin to replace him. Personally, I wish we'd fired Fulmer in 2002 and went after Spurrier.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2012, 08:18:31 EDT »

1) I love Fulmer, but believe he had to go. Hamilton should never have signed him to the extension, but even with that there was no choice.

2) Kiffin has a good hire from an on-field performance perspective. He was an awful hire otherwise.

3) Dooley has done a good job cleaning, and had he hired a good DC (it doesn't appear Sunseri is a fit) we'd be fine. Unfortunately things do not appear fine. I agree with comparisons of Sunseri and Clawson.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2012, 08:28:05 EDT »

I'd rather have what we had then what we have now.  Jmo

I would too, but that's a dangerous slope. Looking back is rarely good. The fault was in the hires to replace Fulmer, not the decision to move on.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2012, 08:32:26 EDT »

I know I will get chastised for listening to him...but...Mark Howard says he thinks Hart pushed Dooley to hire Sunseri.  I did not like Wilcox but would prefer him to this mess we have now.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2012, 08:34:38 EDT »

I know I will get chastised for listening to him...but...Mark Howard says he thinks Hart pushed Dooley to hire Sunseri.  I did not like Wilcox but would prefer him to this mess we have now.

Chastise, chastise, chastise!

That rumor has been out there for a while. Even before the season I heard that it's possible that Hart wanted Sunseri so he'd have somebody to keep on board when he fires Dooley and hires Kirby Smart.  I think all that is Internet fodder made convenient by the fact that Hart was at Alabama. I don't really think ADs or assistant ADs have very close relationships with position coaches on a football staff.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: