VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 02:24:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Site Transition  (Read 3257 times)
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2012, 06:17:01 EDT »

During the site transition, I am working with ReVOLver to reset the admin/moderator access.  For a little while, I may be the only admin/moderator unless Bossman wants to stick around for a while longer while we make the exchange.  I will make decisions about adding admins later, but I want a while to explore all of my options.  In reality, I have not been as "gone" as it may have appeared, and I know that administering the board is not quite as hectic with board rules violations like it was back in the early MudDuck days.  So, not as much time will probably be needed for doing admin/moderator work now.  Although, with tensions running high about the state of the Vols football program, who knows?    I want to thank ReVOLver, droner, and Pirate for all their hard work as admins to date.  It certainly is appreciated. 
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 06:56:49 EDT »

I want to thank ReVOLver, droner, and Pirate for all their hard work as admins to date.  It certainly is appreciated. 

I can say Amen to that. Appreciated and thankful to them for having a forum that is fun to lurk around post in. Thanks for letting this Auburn guy stick around all these years. I'm so appreciative, that I'm willing to give y'all our coach if you want him. Proven winner.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 06:59:29 EDT »

TRO, I'm fine with you revoking my admin access. It's really just a formality at this point anyway.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 07:07:16 EDT »

What is a site transition? 

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 07:16:06 EDT »

What is a site transition? 

http://volstothewall.com/board/index.php?topic=24971.msg119131#msg119131

http://volstothewall.com/board/index.php?topic=24988.msg119295#msg119295

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 07:37:32 EDT »

I think Dawgs pay $10 per post and $1 per view ($2 if viewing a post by Droner) on the new version. 

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 01:52:35 EDT »

It's not as hectic as it was in the old days cause no SEC team respects us enough to come over here and talk trash. Ahhhh, the good old days when everybody was hating on us. 

Realorange, I'm glad you were able to take over revolver's job. Nobody wanted to see this place close. He, pirate and droner did a great job and I know you will too.
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 07:46:46 EDT »

Thanks Revolver.  You've done a really good job with VTTW.  VTTW is the primary site I visit to get a quick view of Vols' news and opinions.   I salute your service to the VTTW members and appreciate your tolerance over the years of rival fans such as myself.  (Ha, just remembered some epic arguments during the early years of the board, including [at various times] Emeril and other regs, West Point Dad's late nephew, and I think I remember an FSU fan named Merlin, too?) 

Anyhow, I could tell by the tone of a couple of your posts during the past year that either "transition" or shuttering of the board was likely to be only a question of "when."  I  understand completely why you are moving away from ownership/admin responsibilities.  I had a similar hobby for several years until "real life" took priority and a couple of years ago I decided to step away from the "hobby." (Best decision ever.)

Good luck to you and I wish TRO the best as owner/admin. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: