VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 10:42:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey, since both of our teams suck (we suck worse, btw)...  (Read 7261 times)
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2012, 08:35:41 EDT »

...how about we pass the time with a little bored, er, board questionnaire? Here are five questions (stealing from Dabble's 5 questions posts on WHAB):
  • Who is your favorite SEC team (not counting UT, of course) and why?
  • Who is your favorite NCAA D1 (not calling it FBS, or whatever it is) team and why?
  • What non-SEC game (neither opponent is an SEC team) would you like to go to?
  • Who was/is your all-time favorite college player?
  • What are you dressing up as for Halloween this year?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:42:28 EDT by MIAUTIGER » Logged

Bammer suxes! That is all!
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 08:42:04 EDT »

Favorite SEC Team - Mine has always been a close tie between UGA and Tennessee. Now that I am in K-ville, it has swung to UT (I'm anti-Woo, btw). I've always liked going to games here, and the fans are generally nicer than most other SEC fans IMO (I'm a great kiss-ass, aren't I).

Favorite non-SEC Team - I have always liked Penn St. and used to like Paterno (no more). Georgia Tech is a close second.

Non-SEC Game - Maybe it comes from living in Michigan for 11 years, but I would like to go to the OSU v Michigan game.

Favorite Player - Bo Jackson, with Herscel Walker a close second

Halloween - My kids put in a request last night for the Tooth Fairy, so I am shopping for wings and a tutu.
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:45:14 EDT by MIAUTIGER » Logged

TheRealOrange
    All-SEC

View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 08:48:07 EDT »

Who is your favorite SEC team (not counting UT, of course) and why?

Probably South Carolina because our family friend is the Equipment Manager.

Who is your favorite NCAA D1 (not calling it FBS, or whatever it is) and why?

Favorite non-Vols team is Notre Dame becuase my grandfather and father brought us up watching them.  Next is probably Oregon, since one of my best friend's has taken me to games there and I love visiting him and his family in Oregon.

What non-SEC game (neither opponent is an SEC team) would you like to go to?

Since I have already been to an Army/Navy game, I'd like to see Southern Cal vs. Notre Dame (at South Bend).

Who was/is your all-time favorite college player?

Tough one.  I'll stick with Larry Seivers, who I finally got to meet a few years ago at the UTAD tailgate.   

What are you dressing up as for Halloween this year?

Same as last year; nothing.    TRObh is apparently dressing up in a skimpy racoon costume.    
    10EC
    « Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 09:23:57 EDT »

TRObh is apparently dressing up in a skimpy racoon costume.    

Soooo,,,, It's NOT going to be a fmaily board anymore?   
    ReVOLver
    Admins
    Heisman

View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 09:26:02 EDT »

If the board owner's wife's halloween costume makes it stop being a family board, this hasn't been a family board in several years.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
    TheRealOrange
    All-SEC

View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 09:29:10 EDT »

You make the call.   The attached is a "family" picture from last Halloween when she was a pirate. 
    LouisVOL
    All-SEC

View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 09:31:29 EDT »

Favorite SEC Team - Auburn (bama's biggest enemy, nuff said).

Favorite non-SEC Team - Louisville (kentucky's biggest enemy, nuff said).

Non-SEC Game - Harvard/Yale (I just like being among intellectual equals).

Favorite Player - The only player I always made an effort to watch anytime he was on TV was Herschel.

Halloween - I am torn between old bald guy (zero-based budget) and rich, handsome, stud raccoon.
    ReVOLver
    Admins
    Heisman

View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 09:42:52 EDT »

It has always been Auburn because Auburn hates Bama so much. My last two AU games I have had pretty bad experiences with AU fans though. Still, there is nobody out there that evokes as strong a non-UT rooting interest for me as Auburn.

I also admit that if we can't win the East I'd rather South Carolina do it. Their fans are nuts, and they have stuck with that program forever. They deserve some success.

Who is your favorite NCAA D1 (not calling it FBS, or whatever it is) team and why?

Besides UT of course... Tough question. When I was a kid, it would've been Notre Dame because of my mom. But age and Rocket Ismail cured me of that.

Hmmm... I am really struggling to answer the question. I can't think of anybody out there that I really actively cheer for to win other than UT and to a lesser degree Auburn. The general answer is whoever is playing Texas and whoever is playing Notre Dame. I still heart Be-the-vol though.

The obvious answer is Army-Navy. I'd also like to see OU - Texas and OSU - Michigan both at the big house and the horseshoe. I may do that one someday. I have tons of family who are OSU grads and fans. I hate OSU, but as a fan I'd like to see it.

Al Wilson. Not even close.

Three parties, three costumes. First party I was a doctor and my wife was a naughty nurse. Next one is cowboy / gunslinger and saloon girl, and last one is biker dude and Black Widow from the Avengers. We go all out.
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 09:44:27 EDT by ReVOLver » Logged

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
    BanditVol
    Heisman

View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 09:47:21 EDT »

Favorite non-Vol SEC team..."favorite" is an overstatement, but "toleration of" extends to whomever we don't play much, which is MSU, Auburn, and Ole Miss, in rough order (we beat MSU more often than y'all, in spite of Saturday) LSU used to be on the list, but they screwed up three of our seasons in the last ten years, so I have no toleration of them.  The new teams, Missouri and Tamu, have tolerance of a sort, but since we play Missouri every year, I would add Tamu to the list above and say, there are four SEC teams I tolerate. 

Non-SEC teams...Purdue and Notre Dame.  Purdue cause I went to grad school there and Notre Dame I grew up liking.

Non-SEC games....I have been to a half dozen Purdue games, so I like TRO's idea of Notre Dame - USC in South Bend, but LA would also work.

Favorite player...Peyton. Who else?

Halloween...have no clue.  If I dress up, I will decide ~ October 30.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
    IvoryTusk
    Special Teamer

View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 09:54:00 EDT »

1 - Georgia (besides Alabama, obviously).  Through friendships & client relationships with UGA alums, I've always considered them my "second team"

2 - Alabama obviously my #1 team period - but if the question is in regard to my next favorite non SEC school, it would be Nebraska.  One of my parent company's principal offices is in Lincoln, and I've visited the area many times before.  Great folks, thick football tradition - they take old ambulances and convert them into tailgating RVs up there - pretty clever.  

3 - I'd love to attend a Nebraska / Oklahoma game

4 - Cornelius Bennett

5 - Big Bird.  Just to spite O'Bama .....
    GeneVols
    Starter

View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 09:57:44 EDT »

Mine may not be as popular as most but mine is LSU. Those fans are crazy and I can catch myself cheering for LSU anytime they play anyone except the VOLS.

Who is your favorite NCAA D1 (not calling it FBS, or whatever it is) team and why?
    Michigan used to be when I was growing up, now I would have to say it is VA Tech.

I think I would like to see the Red River Rivalry - Oklahoma vs Texas

Tee Martin

Not dressing up, never been a thing for me to do.
    Stogie Vol
    All-SEC

View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 09:58:46 EDT »

I'm going to have to go with Texas A&M. I despises Texa$ and I like Kevin Sumlin.

"Favorite" is a strong word, but I like to see Duke do well for Cut's sake.

The Red River Shootout

Tough call...I'd say Dale Jones because he represented to me what Tennessee football is all about when he intercepted Mike Shula's pass.

Nothing. I'll take my daughter trick-or-treating, though.
    10EC
    « Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 10:06:44 EDT »

You make the call.   The attached is a "family" picture from last Halloween when she was a pirate. 

So, the new board name will be OKMC TO THE WALL?
    WoodstockVol
    All-SEC

View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 10:15:08 EDT »

...how about we pass the time with a little bored, er, board questionnaire? Here are five questions (stealing from Dabble's 5 questions posts on WHAB):
    • Who is your favorite NCAA D1 (not calling it FBS, or whatever it is) team and why?

1)My other favorite SEC team:South Carolina,I've kept up with them for a long time. I used to watch the Joe Morrison show back in the 1980s
    2)Oklahoma is my favorite non-SEC D1 team. I've kept up with them since the Barry Switzer days
    3)I'd love to go to Oklahoma-Texas one year,that would be cool
    4)Peyton Manning(got to see Him play first two years at Tennessee,My Dad had season tickets)
    5)Nothing,I'm staying home for Halloween

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
    ReVOLver
    Admins
    Heisman

View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 10:17:26 EDT »

So, the new board name will be OKMC TO THE WALL?

Again, we could've named it that a while ago.

TheRealOrange
    All-SEC

View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 10:49:40 EDT »

Again, we could've named it that a while ago.

Keep posting pics like that and BTV will be here a lot more often. 
    ReVOLver
    Admins
    Heisman

View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 11:03:39 EDT »

Keep posting pics like that and BTV will be here a lot more often. 

Not my fault he isn't on Facebook! 

Black Diamond Vol
    Heisman

View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 01:12:17 EDT »

Auburn, of course.  Because you guys hate bammer just as much as we do.  I'll like ya'll even more when Trooper Taylor is gone. 

Air Force, because I'm a Vet.  And as I've said before- in the event UT hires Bobby Petrino, AFA moves to #1.

Not really interested in seeing non-SEC football (At this point, I almost see other conferences as Class A ball to the SEC's Major Leagues).  But if you force me to choose, I'd go for the trip to mountains.  So let's say Colorado/Utah.

I assume you mean non-UT players, right?  Donovan McNabb.  Still the best all-around QB performance against UT I've ever seen, and he was and is a class act to boot.

Haven't even thought about it.  Probably won't.

PirateVOL
    Heisman

View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 04:10:26 EDT »

Atm - There are no other "traditional" SEC schools that would come close as a "favorite" but the traditions at aTM interest me

None

I interpret that as stadium and I have been to the place I always wanted to see a game (thanks to TRO/BTV) and that is Notre Dame.  Though we lost that night game day on the camapus is unique and IMO a must see for any college football fan.

#27, Al Wilson

A Pirate, since I'm having eye surgery that day - Arghhhh

[/list]

All men dream: but not equally.
    Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
    Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
    Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
    May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
    This I did.
    —T. E. Lawrence,
    The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
    General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
    BanditVol
    Heisman

View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 04:52:28 EDT »

Nice topic MIAUTIGER, but we ARE playing the unholy spawn of satan this Saturday. 

Any thoughts about that?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
    MIAUTIGER
    All-SEC

View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 04:59:49 EDT »

Nice topic MIAUTIGER, but we ARE playing the unholy spawn of satan this Saturday. 

Any thoughts about that?

They are as you describe. Everything about them is evil, and as our unofficial motto states, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, good ever comes from a bammer win.  Bammer delend est!

As a matter of fact, I will be purchasnig my first ever UT shirt to wear to the game. Destroy the bammers and stomp their eggs.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
      Print  

Jump to: