VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 02:24:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcement on Friday afternoon that...  (Read 54309 times)
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 08:42:09 EST »

If Petrino is the best that UT can get then  I'd take Fulmer back..Seriously! If you think Kiffin and Dooley were bad choices... my God how UT has hit Rock bottom if this is true
eVOLved
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2012, 08:43:26 EST »

the man has zero scruples...if you cheat on your wife you are most likely cheating in other areas.  We need a stable personality at the from...not someone worried about what his hoochie mama is doing so he texts her 150 times in an hour. I'd rather keep Dooley than hire Petrino.

I second this post.  I make the motion to vote.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2012, 08:44:42 EST »

If Petrino is the best that UT can get then  I'd take Fulmer back..Seriously! If you think Kiffin and Dooley were bad choices... my God how UT has hit Rock bottom if this is true

He did guide Arkansas to a BCS Bowl in three seasons

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2012, 08:45:54 EST »

Yeah then what happened?
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2012, 08:46:10 EST »

the man has zero scruples...if you cheat on your wife you are most likely cheating in other areas.  We need a stable personality at the from...not someone worried about what his hoochie mama is doing so he texts her 150 times in an hour. I'd rather keep Dooley than hire Petrino.

I understand why someone would want to not hire the guy. One can make many arguments about that. That's not my point. I just don't get the "personal embarrasment". As if any of us would have anything to do with it. If UT hires a guy who has no moral values, that's no personal embarasment to me at all, nor do I personally take any responsibility for it. If a family member does something morally poor, I would be embarrassed. UT's coach? The hell with that.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2012, 08:47:10 EST »

Yeah then what happened?

Wrecked on a motorcycle riding with His Mistress

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 08:48:59 EST »

Because all indications are that he's a rotten human being.  I don't want someone like that being a representative of my university, at such a visible position.

Ok...I get that. But why would that be a personal embarrasment for you? Why would you take that on? Is he related to you? Would you have a say in hiring him? Would you loan him a motorcycle to ride around town with coeds in?

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 08:51:54 EST »

No...his mistress' fiance beat the shizzle out of him and they staged a motorcycle wreck. We don't need that on The Hill...we need some stability and integrity.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 08:52:19 EST »

Ok...I get that. But why would that be a personal embarrasment for you? Why would you take that on? Is he related to you? Would you have a say in hiring him? Would you loan him a motorcycle to ride around town with coeds in?

Because as a UT fan that bleeds orange I would not want that scum bag as head coach of UT..PERIOD!
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2012, 08:53:03 EST »

Just let it go...why do you care if we might be ashamed of his behavior?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2012, 08:55:44 EST »

Do.

I guess I just take it more personally than you do.
Creek Walker
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2012, 08:56:15 EST »

And Paterno had a crapload of success at Penn State.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2012, 08:57:29 EST »

Just let it go...why do you care if we might be ashamed of his behavior?

Let it go? It's a message board. I asked a question. I care because I am interested in what he has to say. We throw that phrase "I am shamed", "I am embarrassed" around a lot, without really thinking about it. Why would you be ashamed or embarrassed about a decision that you have no say in, or in fact, opposed?

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2012, 09:00:59 EST »

I guess I just take it more personally than you do.

Fair enough. Thanks for answering the question. I take it more personally when the program sucks, I have a lot invested in the program, thirty years to be exact. Many others have more years.  I root for the program, I am a fan of the program. To me coaches come and go, they are paid to do a job - I don't root for a coach, nor do I take it personally whom they hire. Just want a guy who can win.

UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2012, 09:08:34 EST »

LOL. Hoochie Mama, love it!
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2012, 09:09:07 EST »

Nope, not heard that one anywhere.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2012, 09:14:08 EST »

Yeah we all know about that..I was being sarcastic..It's not just about him at Arky.. I've never liked the guy even before all of that..like when he left Auburn as OC to be the head coach at Louisville then one yr later secretly met with Auburn for the job there when they hadn't said if they would retain Tubberville who had mentored and gave Petrino the OC job there just a few yrs earlier...He secretly tried to go behind his "friends" back and tried to steal his job out from under him after only being at Louisville for one year ..then what he did at Arky just proves he has no morals..
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2012, 09:16:36 EST »

Let it go? It's a message board. I asked a question. I care because I am interested in what he has to say. We throw that phrase "I am shamed", "I am embarrassed" around a lot, without really thinking about it. Why would you be ashamed or embarrassed about a decision that you have no say in, or in fact, opposed?

Because we hold him to a high standard and don't want to win at any cost. You may be able ti look in the other direction at his behavior but I cannot. Let me ask you...why is it acceptable to you to have a man with no morals coach young men?  Why would you ignore that behavior pattern?
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2012, 09:18:43 EST »

Fair enough. Thanks for answering the question. I take it more personally when the program sucks, I have a lot invested in the program, thirty years to be exact. Many others have more years.  I root for the program, I am a fan of the program. To me coaches come and go, they are paid to do a job - I don't root for a coach, nor do I take it personally whom they hire. Just want a guy who can win.

Really? So...if you were a Penn State fan you would condone that whole cover up....
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2012, 09:28:08 EST »

I just don't think the two qualities (winning vs. morals) need to be mutually exclusive.  I would want Hart to look for integrity and winning as he's considering candidates.  Integrity is very important to me.  Petrino has displayed a pattern of lack of integrity, and the whole sporting world knows it.  If we hired him, to me, we're telling the world "yeah, we know he's a snake.  We don't care about his lack of integrity.  ALL we care about is winning, and we don't care what it takes to get there"  and that is why I would be embarrassed.  Yeah, at the end of the day it's all about winning and I want to win just as bad as you.  But I'm not willing to, as a fan, go as far as to say I want to put the program in the hands of a rotten individual like Petrino.  Like Lyn said, a liar is a liar.  If a guy lies in one area, he's going to lie in another.  He's going to lie to recruits, he's going to lie to all of us.  I don't know about you, but that bothers me.  Look, I'm going to support the coach no matter who it ends up being.  It would be embarrassing to support a guy like Petrino.  Just like I'm now embarrassed to say I supported Kiffin.  It's embarrassing to have to say "yeah, I know he's a jerk.  I know he's a liar and I know he would cut my very throat if it benefited him.. but he's my coach!!!"  If that's not embarrassing to you, that's fine.  Neither one of us are right or wrong, peoples' sensibilities are just different.

I obviously don't know any major booster, but surely the boosters care enough about UT and it's image to know better.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2012, 09:28:21 EST »

That's like if David Cutcliff,after leaving for Duke for a year and before UT decided to let go of Fulmer,if he had secretly met to try to get Fulmers job behind Duke's back..then the whole Arky thing...Petrino is a dirt bag that has no morals and only cares about himself.. UT has had enough problems with Kiffin and Pearl..they don't need another headache
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2012, 09:31:10 EST »

Yeah, I don't think Petrino's actions are in any way comparable to what transpired at PSU. Here's an analogy I heard. If you're choosing a heart surgeon do you select one based on his morals? I wouldn't even though I'd hope he (and everyone) has high character. I want a guy who is really stinking good at cutting around the heart.

When it comes to a football coach I select a coach like I would a heart surgeon.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2012, 09:35:07 EST »

And so what if they hire him and he has a good year..do you really think that he's gonna stay for the long haul? He's proven he will jump ship in the middle of the night or try to the very second he thinks something else will come along..IMO he is clearly not the answer for UT
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2012, 09:35:54 EST »

Yeah, I don't think Petrino's actions are in any way comparable to what transpired at PSU. Here's an analogy I heard. If you're choosing a heart surgeon do you select one based on his morals? I wouldn't even though I'd hope he (and everyone) has high character. I want a guy who is really stinking good at cutting around the heart.

When it comes to a football coach I select a coach like I would a heart surgeon.

He has shown a pattern of behavior that involves lies, deceit and a cover up. What's to say that pattern will stop? 'Nut said he does not get embarrassed by a coach's behavior so the Penn State question is valid.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2012, 09:37:31 EST »

So...you are ok with your heart surgeon leaving the OR to make sure his young squeeze isn't spending time with her young boyfriend?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: