VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 06:00:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remember Michael Dyer?  (Read 13708 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 05:30:22 EST »

Disagree CO. Dyer is an elite back with NFL talent. Neal/Lane are decent backs but they haven't shown to be difference makers. We need a difference maker at RB, a guy defenses would have to key on. Neal's rushing numbers were ok, he doesn't break many tackles.  Hill has done nothing yet. I do think Dyer makes a difference...but I'd only take him if we miss on an elite back.

Eh . . . maybe, maybe not. He also hasn't played football in over a year. I won't be upset either way and if he comes to UT I will just hope that you're right.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

101stDad
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 07:11:14 EST »

So, you bring him in and put him on scholarship knowing he is going to be here 1 year? 

Nope.  Use that scholarship on somebody that has intentions of going to school and earning a degree. 

The University isn't there to benefit the football team.  The football team is a part of the University.  Too many risks.  Not enough potential reward. 
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 07:28:37 EST »

I don't think he's that great. He's fine, but I thought McCaleb was more exposive. Also, that Newton guy was pretty good.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 07:36:30 EST »

I don't think he's that great. He's fine, but I thought McCaleb was more exposive. Also, that Newton guy was pretty good.

2 seasons at Auburn, 2335 yards, 5.5 YPC, 15 Tds. Dude is FAR better than anything we have.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2013, 07:37:35 EST »

So, you bring him in and put him on scholarship knowing he is going to be here 1 year? 

Nope.  Use that scholarship on somebody that has intentions of going to school and earning a degree. 

The University isn't there to benefit the football team.  The football team is a part of the University.  Too many risks.  Not enough potential reward. 

Well, we'd all like to believe that's what these athletes come to UT to do.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2013, 07:53:38 EST »

DO.NOT.WANT.

We are NOT that desperate at RB. period. dot.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2013, 09:08:24 EST »

That's a higher YPC than I would have guessed.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
101stDad
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2013, 11:00:20 EST »

Well, we'd all like to believe that's what these athletes come to UT to do.

Yet you are advocating bringing an alleged student/athlete in for one year who has already been to what, 3 other colleges? 

Consistency, please. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2013, 12:11:21 EST »

Yet you are advocating bringing an alleged student/athlete in for one year who has already been to what, 3 other colleges? 

Consistency, please. 

You're missing his point.  Nut can speak for himself, but I think he is saying "we'd all like to believe that's what these athletes come to UT to do (but we know better).   

Having said that, I would have been much more excited by Dyer last year, when we were in fact desperate at RB.  With Neal and Lane both coming back and the possible addition of Green, and an OL that has proven it can run block, I feel pretty good about our run game this year.

I would see Dryer as a bonus, if we get him, but not invest too much in expectations for him.  And if it's a choice between him and a two star that will be a permanent practice squad member, I'll take Dyer.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2013, 01:29:09 EST »

Consistency, please. 

You didn't get my post

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2013, 07:20:08 EST »

If I were a bail bondsman, I would welcome Dyer to Knoxville and hope I got the call.  Otherwise, let the thug get arrested in another university town. JMO
101stDad
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2013, 07:29:34 EST »

You didn't get my post

No, I got it just fine. 

Bottom line - for a player with his history, taking Dyer is not worth the risk for the potential reward. 

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2013, 07:46:40 EST »

No, I got it just fine. 

Bottom line - for a player with his history, taking Dyer is not worth the risk for the potential reward. 

agreed

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: