VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 05:13:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: They made Musberger apologize???  (Read 5402 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2013, 01:25:21 EST »

I know he was a drooling old man, but he didn't say anything bad, just called her a beautiful woman. WTH is there to apologize for?

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 01:27:19 EST »

Feminism run amok! I don't think She would be upset and insulted that people think She's gorgeous

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 01:44:46 EST »

Yeah, that's stupid.  Utterly idiotic.  If the girl had any sense, she would decline to accept it.  That would be a really classy move. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 01:54:36 EST »

I can't stand him. But I didn't think it was too over the top, either. Maybe it SHOULD have been, but considering the things we see in society today? It was pretty mellow, I thought. This girl is a state pageant winner; it isn't like she isn't used to being viewed in the public eye.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 01:57:13 EST »

Yeah, that's stupid.  Utterly idiotic.  If the girl had any sense, she would decline to accept it.  That would be a really classy move. 

This whole media blitz surrounding that girl sure has a contrived feel to it.  I mean, she got more air time than anyone on ND's offense (to be fair, they were only on the field for like, what, 7 minutes?)  Now that ESPN/ABC has made her famous, what do you want to bet that the next time we see her  it will be on some crappy reality show like The Bachelor?  

Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 02:04:43 EST »

I heard somewhere today, I think it might have been on the Dan Patrick show, that she had appeared, or was interviewed by phone, on the Today show and said that she wasn't owed an apology because Musberger's remarks weren't derogatory, or something to that effect.
101stDad
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 02:41:47 EST »

Unfortunately, it's now the norm for the world we live in.

I'd better shut up now.   
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 04:19:35 EST »

I heard somewhere today, I think it might have been on the Dan Patrick show, that she had appeared, or was interviewed by phone, on the Today show and said that she wasn't owed an apology because Musberger's remarks weren't derogatory, or something to that effect.

That is correct. She said that she wasn't owed an apology, she considered it a compliment to be called beautiful and wondered who could be offended by that. She said if Musberger's comment was along the lines of "Boy, she's hot" or "she's really sexy", then she would have considered that derogatory, but she was flattered by being called beautiful. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 08:23:06 EST »

That is correct. She said that she wasn't owed an apology, she considered it a compliment to be called beautiful and wondered who could be offended by that. She said if Musberger's comment was along the lines of "Boy, she's hot" or "she's really sexy", then she would have considered that derogatory, but she was flattered by being called beautiful. 

Good for her!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 03:16:36 EST »

When I heard him say it during the game I was thought it was a little weird.

It wasn't so much "what" he said as "how" he said it. A small comment would have been fine, but he went on a little too much IMHO.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 04:00:57 EST »

It was creepier that Musberger brought McCarron's mother into it...there is a picture of AJ kissing his mom on the mouth floating around and they are from Alabama.....
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 04:36:06 EST »

I'm so confused over this. I tell Lyn she's hot all the time, but only now it come up that doing so is considered inappropriate? Who knew?

11B4PJ3F7
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 08:41:54 EST »

I'm so confused over this. I tell Lyn she's hot all the time, but only now it come up that doing so is considered inappropriate? Who knew?

Just tell her she's beautiful. You can't go wrong with that. 
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 03:20:43 EST »

Lyn ain't one of those feminists...she accepts all forms of flattery. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 05:32:05 EST »

It was creepier that Musberger brought McCarron's mother into it...there is a picture of AJ kissing his mom on the mouth floating around and they are from Alabama.....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: