VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 05:28:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Move Neal to slot WR  (Read 2372 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2013, 03:15:30 EDT »

he played there a lot vs Oregon anyway. he is not going to cut it vs SEC defenses, not physical enough. First thing he did vs Oregon was fumble, and then proceeded to try to run around their defense all day. Lane is a better RB. Neal has good hands and speed, and experience as a WR. We need some experienced Wrs anyway.

Start Lane, platoon Smith and Hill. They can at least get N-S and be physical.
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 03:36:48 EDT »

I really like the way Smith and Hill run the football.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 03:43:38 EDT »

He will never be a quality rb. He doesn't relish contact. A good running back enjoys punishing people on occasion. The rb for oregon was smaller but ran with more power than Neal. Both Smith and Hill looked better in game action.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 05:10:29 EDT »

I really like the way Smith and Hill run the football.

Against the Oregon second string, sure.  Just sayin.

As for moving Neal to slot, go ahead and play him there, but I am not sure we have the depth at RB (see above).

I say leave him in as RB...Lane did look better vs. Oregon, but it's only one game.  I think moving him permanently to slot is too radical a move at this point.

But nut does have a good point that he should keep playing slot a lot...he was very effective there IMO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 05:14:42 EDT »

Against the Oregon second string, sure.  Just sayin.

LOL. You have to disagree with everything that's said, don't you? Newsflash: The Oregon game wasn't the first time either of those two guys have been seen by UT fans.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 05:15:47 EDT »

LOL. You have to disagree with everything that's said, don't you? Newsflash: The Oregon game wasn't the first time either of those two guys have been seen by UT fans.

True.  I did say give Hill and Smith more looks....just not convinced yet that they are any better than Neal.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 05:40:09 EDT »

I'm not sure either of them have the tools to be an SEC back. But I wish Neal had their will and determination.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: