VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 03:10:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok, that hurt, but I think this team turned a corner  (Read 6185 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2013, 01:49:41 EDT »

a major one. Many positives to take away. Even Pig balled out, but that last play was just very unfortunate..it was an effort play that went bad.

I feel bad for them, but there are many players who grew up. Several young players made big time plays down the stretch. Georgia escaped one and they know it.

- Worley
- Neal
- Pig
- Palardy
generic name here
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 01:53:28 EDT »

A loss is a loss. That's the only thing Tennessee is taking away from this game. I just can't care about anything else anymore. I'm too weary to keep looking for silver linings.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 02:00:15 EDT »

A loss is a loss. That's the only thing Tennessee is taking away from this game. I just can't care about anything else anymore. I'm too weary to keep looking for silver linings.

I am not looking at silver linings I am looking at what the game means for our future.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 02:02:19 EDT »

a major one. Many positives to take away. Even Pig balled out, but that last play was just very unfortunate..it was an effort play that went bad.

I feel bad for them, but there are many players who grew up. Several young players made big time plays down the stretch. Georgia escaped one and they know it.

- Worley
- Neal
- Pig
- Palardy

Agree.  The cocks are going to have a tough time in Ktown.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
generic name here
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 02:05:33 EDT »

I am not looking at silver linings I am looking at what the game means for our future.

I'll believe in a bright future when it becomes a bright present. I just have no hope that Tennessee won't find a way to lose every game they play against a quality opponent. I've seen too much of it to think it will end. God help me but I'm just miserable with the state of things.

Jean Voljean
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 02:19:34 EDT »

with the big boys?  Don't let your weariness fool you.  This game means a lot more than just that we lost.
VOLveeta
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 02:24:32 EDT »

It's a huge step forward, period.  If you want to sulk, go for it.  But that was an atmosphere and competitive will that I've not seen in a Vol jersey in a long while.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 02:31:45 EDT »

It's a huge step forward, period.  If you want to sulk, go for it.  But that was an atmosphere and competitive will that I've not seen in a Vol jersey in a long while.

dam straight 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Dawg151
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 02:44:26 EDT »

I think you guys are deservedly proud of your team tonight.  The Vols played a heckuva game and really fed off of the emotion that was in Neyland pretty much the entire game...especially in the second half.  It would have been easy for UT to mail it in being down 17-3 at the half, but they kept fighting and almost pulled it off.

I am one Dawg fan that is just happy to get the heck out of Knoxville.  Hopefully, none of our starters were injured walking to the bus. 

Best of luck the rest of the season...and congrats on a well played, tough game.  I know it didn't end the way you'd like, but in all honesty, you can be proud of your kids and coaching staff tonight.
VOLveeta
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 02:45:57 EDT »

Thanks 151.  Hope your injured young'uns heal up quickly.   
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 02:50:22 EDT »

I don't get this attitude. Rebuilding a program is about baby steps. This was potentially 2 giant steps and 3 bunny hops. Mother may I?

We will learn a little now about what kind of coach Butch is. When a growing team pours their guts into a game like this it is easy to come out of it deflated. Dooley had a real similar situation against LSU early in his first season and he never really was able to rally his team the rest of that season.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 02:52:25 EDT »

I don't get this attitude. Rebuilding a program is about baby steps. This was potentially 2 giant steps and 3 bunny hops. Mother may I?

We will learn a little now about what kind of coach Butch is. When a growing team pours their guts into a game like this it is easy to come out of it deflated. Dooley had a real similar situation against LSU early in his first season and he never really was able to rally his team the rest of that season.
we learned a LOT about Butch today.  He was a different coach in the 2nd half.  He stepped up his game and the team responded.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 03:23:57 EDT by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 02:57:49 EDT »

YES.  today felt like a turning point
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 03:55:35 EDT »

we learned a LOT about Butch today.  He was a different coach in the 2nd half.  He stepped up his game and the team responded.

Some amazingly ballsy calls on 4th down.  The run around end was good, but I was speechless at the pass....by WORLEY!!!  I can't even think how long it's been since we did something like that.  Unreal.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 05:08:48 EDT »

Just watched some of the game as I could not during game time. I saw a much improved effort and a little bit of life on offense. Hopefully they will continue to improve.

Never thought we had a shot today, but they almost pulled it off. Would have been one for the ages. 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 05:10:14 EDT »

Lots of freshmen made clutch plays. Branisel, Smith, North, and Croom did on offense, and Vereen on defense.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 05:31:47 EDT »

Some amazingly ballsy calls on 4th down.  The run around end was good, but I was speechless at the pass....by WORLEY!!!  I can't even think how long it's been since we did something like that.  Unreal.

Those calls will pay dividends.  I'm sure they did wonders for the guys' confidence.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 05:31:58 EDT »

Yes, Vereen looks to have that extra burst off the edge.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: