VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 08:45:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UGh...once more the basketball team looks poorly coached  (Read 2991 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2014, 03:40:50 EST »

at home vs Ark. Bad shot selection, no intensity

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 02:15:35 EST »

‏@DanielNooga 10h
Martin said he pretty much stopped calling plays down the stretch..."Just open it up and play."

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 04:07:31 EST »

‏@DanielNooga 10h
Martin said he pretty much stopped calling plays down the stretch..."Just open it up and play."

LOL. That worked against at home against an average team that is 2-21 in its last 23 road games, with the benefit of the doubt on a few foul calls down the stretch...let's see it work against Florida.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 04:27:06 EST »

LOL. That worked against at home against an average team that is 2-21 in its last 23 road games, with the benefit of the doubt on a few foul calls down the stretch...let's see it work against Florida.

The intentional call was spot on.  Maymon was grabbed by both arms with no attempt made to swat at the ball.  It was a poorly executed play by the Arkansas guard and it cost them entirely.  There are too many situations in that the intentional call is kept in the pocket....especially when the defender just grabs both arms of the shooter/player. 

JMHO

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 04:36:11 EST »

The intentional call was spot on.  Maymon was grabbed by both arms with no attempt made to swat at the ball.  It was a poorly executed play by the Arkansas guard and it cost them entirely.  There are too many situations in that the intentional call is kept in the pocket....especially when the defender just grabs both arms of the shooter/player. 

JMHO

I don't disagree with the intentional call, but I also think that's a call that isn't going to be made more often than not. But, really, I was referring to some of the less obvious fouls down the stretch.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 04:45:40 EST »

I don't disagree with the intentional call, but I also think that's a call that isn't going to be made more often than not. But, really, I was referring to some of the less obvious fouls down the stretch.

Anderson was bemoaning the intentional call and it was a turning point in the game that it was a five point swing.  But I would tell Anderson to stop the pissing and moaning cause it was just a good call in that his guard was grabbing and not trying to get any ball just Maymon.  Overall Arkansas' play is like those old days of 40 Minutes of Heck without the great execution.  Yeah they turn the ball over but they also foul a lot more than most other teams in the conference and the refs know it.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 06:03:30 EST »

‏@DanielNooga 10h

After we lost to Tamu, I listened to the post game.  When asked why he didn't call a timeout to set up the D on that ridiculous layup Tamu got with about a minute left, Martin hemmed and hawed and said "Late in the game you just want to let it flow"      Ugh.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: