VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 01:57:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barbee fired at the hotel by Auburn  (Read 4977 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2014, 05:23:43 EDT »

they're already talking about Pearl on TV
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 06:09:19 EDT »

Well that's just rude. Can't they let the man get back home before they fire him?
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 01:37:05 EDT »

Well that's just rude. Can't they let the man get back home before they fire him?

we're talking about Auburn here

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 02:32:59 EDT »

Why didn't the AD fire him in the locker room after the game?  Or on the bench with the game about over?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 02:49:32 EDT »

we're talking about Auburn here

^This
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 04:01:29 EDT »

Why didn't the AD fire him in the locker room after the game?  Or on the bench with the game about over?

I would love to see that happen

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 04:46:48 EDT »

Pearl with get mentioned with every open job for the next several months. He will be talked about more than Gruden when a college football job opens up. 
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 05:58:40 EDT »

Pearl with get mentioned with every open job for the next several months. He will be talked about more than Gruden when a college football job opens up. 

Saw something interesting on Twitter earlier today.

Seems that the NCAA Compliance Officer at Auburn is the same guy who was the lead investigator in the NCAA's Bruce Pearl investigation.  Speculation is that the relationship there will pretty much exclude Pearl from consideration at Auburn. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 08:17:39 EDT »

Well, I did hear Pearl lives on owns has looked at thought about a farm somewhere close to AL one time, so there's that.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 04:06:44 EDT »

Seems that the NCAA Compliance Officer at Auburn is the same guy who was the lead investigator in the NCAA's Bruce Pearl investigation.  Speculation is that the relationship there will pretty much exclude Pearl from consideration at Auburn. 

Yeah...you want to keep those two apart.  Nice hire for compliance officer Auburn!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 04:15:30 EDT »

Actually several commentators thought that if Auburn is pursuing BP then the compliance officer has already signed off on the chase from a compliance POV...and these are national columnists not the Knoxville or Alabama fish wrappers.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 01:55:14 EDT »

No one...certainly not Auburn, will worry about this show cause. Schools want a winner, and Bruce Pearl can flat out coach. The only reason Auburn will not get Pearl is if he is not interested in coaching there.

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 03:36:06 EDT »

No one...certainly not Auburn, will worry about this show cause. Schools want a winner, and Bruce Pearl can flat out coach. The only reason Auburn will not get Pearl is if he is not interested in coaching there.

I'll be the first to say that BP can do a loooooot better than Auburn. And you are right. Schools will want a proven winner, even if it means losing a few months on the recruiting trail. BP is one of those rare finds that can coach good and bring enthusiasm to fanbase. Any school wishing to resurrect their hoops program would be stupid not to look at BP. I would certainly love it if Auburn was able to trick him....er, get him to come to the Plains. But I don't see it happening.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 03:59:56 EDT »

If Jeff Lebo couldn't win at Auburn, ain't nobody gonna win at Auburn. 
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 09:03:48 EDT »

I'll be the first to say that BP can do a loooooot better than Auburn. And you are right. Schools will want a proven winner, even if it means losing a few months on the recruiting trail. BP is one of those rare finds that can coach good and bring enthusiasm to fanbase. Any school wishing to resurrect their hoops program would be stupid not to look at BP. I would certainly love it if Auburn was able to trick him....er, get him to come to the Plains. But I don't see it happening.

Agree. Better chance that he would go to his alma mater than AU.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: