VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 05:32:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Even the FL rivals site says the Maymon call was ridiculous  (Read 5381 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2014, 01:10:44 EDT »

http://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1620508&PT=4&PR=2
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 01:49:12 EDT »

Yup...horrible call.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 03:17:22 EDT »

Doesn't matter, you can't beat many teams when you score 14 points in the second half.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 03:48:22 EDT »

Doesn't matter, you can't beat many teams when you score 14 points in the second half.

^this
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 04:01:13 EDT »

Good, fair analysis of the game. I saw it posted here the other the night that what ever Donavan does at half-time, his team rules the second half of the game this year. Well said.

G
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 05:31:11 EDT »

Yup.
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 05:42:16 EDT »

Let's not lose sight of the fact that a big reason why Tennessee scored 14 points in the 2nd half was McRae was getting mugged EVERY TIME he touched the ball. I don't blame Florida; you do what you can get away with. But for that type of defense to not be checked, especially with the new emphasis on that very thing this season, that was a bit ridiculous.
SouthwestFloridaGator
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 05:21:53 EDT »

I thought it was a bad call and really didn't understand it. Had a big impact on the game too. I'm one that would prefer the refs only make the obvious calls. Otherwise I thought the calls pretty much went both ways, but that one call really stained the game. You guys are in the Big Dance though and that's really all that matters at this point.
JimmyV
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 01:59:25 EDT »

And yet UT tied it up again a little over 2 minues remaining.

It may have been a bad call. It did not decide the game.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 02:05:14 EDT »

LOL!  No we didn't.  It was tied at 4:24 when the foul occurred.  With the foul and the tech, Florida took a four point lead and never looked back.

Go a bit easy on the ganj, willya?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 02:18:19 EDT »

Another way of looking at is, our shorthanded team still managed to remain competitive without one of their best players.  So then, logic dictates that we clearly would have won if Maymon had remained in the game.  See how that works?

The fact is, the game was a total coinflip to that point, then Maymon fouled out, and you guys never looked back from there.  Did the call decide the game?  Would we have won without it?  We'll never know.  And just because you say it didn't decide the game doesn't necessarily make that true.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 02:30:20 EDT »

It gave you 2 extra points and momentum. Don't forget the elbow also should have been a flagrant foul.

JimmyV
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 12:15:57 EDT »

UT had their shots. They didn't win. UF was a better team in that game, you make it sound like one play decided a game and it did not. UF made some big plays both on O and D to get that win.

UT has a spot in the dance and a chance to win it all. I would not be surprised to see them go to the Sweet 16. They are a very good team with a hell of a forward line.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 07:28:02 EDT »

UT had their shots. They didn't win. UF was a better team in that game, you make it sound like one play decided a game and it did not. UF made some big plays both on O and D to get that win.

UT has a spot in the dance and a chance to win it all. I would not be surprised to see them go to the Sweet 16. They are a very good team with a hell of a forward line.

No one said it cost us the game.  Everyone, including many UF fans, say it SUCKED.  Which it did...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: