VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 01:54:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The biggest sign that Cuonzo isn't going to be here that much longer...  (Read 3039 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2014, 09:33:20 EDT »

to me...

He isn't recruiting. Rob Lewis on VQ said he doesn't know who we're recruiting or in on in the 2015 class. We already have one de-commit in that class. That is a very ominous sign and signals to me that CCM isn't trying very hard.

I'm not sure how motivated he is. I look for a big loss tonight. Hope I am wrong

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 09:40:14 EDT »

I read that and it is a bit disturbing. Actually, it's very disturbing.
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 10:02:49 EDT »

With that said though, if Cuonzo isn't hitting the recruiting trail hard, it isn't as if that's something that has developed in the last 2-3 days, and UT certainly hasn't laid down and played dead the last three weeks, so I would be very surprised by a blowout loss tonight. This IS a game UT should win, though, and sadly I won't be surprised by a loss, especially given Cuonzo's postseason history here.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 10:40:20 EDT »

Even if Cuonzo is ready to move on, a W looks much better on his resume.  Besides, whatever his other failings, he has been pretty energetic on the sideline this season.  He at least looks like he really wants to win, that is.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 10:58:27 EDT »

to me...

He isn't recruiting. Rob Lewis on VQ said he doesn't know who we're recruiting or in on in the 2015 class. We already have one de-commit in that class. That is a very ominous sign and signals to me that CCM isn't trying very hard.

I'm not sure how motivated he is. I look for a big loss tonight. Hope I am wrong

The best scenario would be for him to move on. Have no earthly idea where he would go. How much do NBA assistants make? Or maybe other DI programs would want him. Idk.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 10:59:58 EDT »

to me...

And if he is not recruiting he needs to GTFO!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 11:27:40 EDT »

Maybe he knows he's leaving.....either by leaving on his own or under pressure.

IMO....he wants out of K'town.
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 11:37:52 EDT »

The problem with Cuonzo leaving on his own is that there aren't many high-profile jobs open right now. VaTech, BC and WaSt and that's it. The only other high-major with an opening is South Florida.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 01:01:06 EDT »

Va Tech, BC, WSU all sound like good options with a good agent. South Florida, too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: