VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 03:19:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Geno wants an apology from Holly  (Read 3310 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2014, 05:19:17 EDT »

http://www.lebanondemocrat.com/article/sports/370476

Yeah right. This is what I'd tell that asshat.   
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 07:34:23 EDT »

Holly told me in an interview last fall that Geno wanted certain concessions before renewing the series. Although she didn't say a the time what those concessions were, she said under no circumstances would it happen.

I like how Geno closes by saying reasonable people will make it happen. On other words, if Holly is reasonable she will apologize. How reasonable is it to refuse to play until someone apologizes for hurting your feelings?? He is a jerk of the highest order.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 09:37:20 EDT »

If I were Holly, I would say "Geno, I apologize for pointing out that you are a lying, cheating dirtbag.  I just thought everyone else knew."
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 01:30:08 EDT by 73Volgrad » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 10:25:19 EDT »

Unreal.  What a jerk.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 01:09:01 EDT »

And I want a steamy night of passion with Khaleesi The Mother Of Dragons, but I'm guessing Geno and I will both be waiting a while to get what we want.

While at this point in time it may appear that UConn is dealing from a position of power, that's not going to last, and they know it.  Unless they can wiggle their way into a real conference they're in big trouble.  It's already manifesting itself in scheduling, as both their men and women have to take on an OOC murderer's row to compensate for a pathetically weak league slate.  But it's really going to sink in in a few years, when all that BCS money and big boy football TV money stop rolling in (while their major conference colleagues get richer and richer).  In today's climate, I don't think you can sustain hoops success on a year in-year out basis without the financial stability that comes with a big time football program.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 01:12:10 EDT »

unless you are Duke or Kentucky.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 04:06:41 EDT »

unless you are Duke or Kentucky.

Duke and Kentucky are both members of power conferences, and enjoy all the huge monetary benefits that come with that membership.  UConn, OTOH, was left without a chair when the realignment music stopped.  They went from a BCS league (the former Big East), to the AAC, an outfit full of mostly mid and low majors.  Their only real conference competition was Louisville, but now they're leaving for the ACC.  Now, they're the northernmost outpost in a league full of leftovers and hangers-on scattered from New England to Texas.  You think bowls and TV networks are going to pay big money for the likes of East Carolina, Tulane, and South Florida?  Not so much.

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 07:26:52 EDT »

Hey, Geno..... kis it!

G   
UT Mom
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 03:45:12 EDT »

I never want him on our campus in our town, or state ever again.  He needs to stay in the north where he is "king" !

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: