VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 02:09:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone know when the O & W replay will be shown?  (Read 2773 times)
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2014, 12:33:12 EDT »

nm
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 01:07:35 EDT »

From what I've heard it will not been shown. SEC Network not ready and since the SEC Network is taking business away from other outlets such as CSS they aren't doing it either.

You would think in this case UTsports would put it on their site.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:09:21 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 01:24:32 EDT »

It was on Sports South last year.  This kinda sux!
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 03:17:53 EDT »

South Carolina was on tv. Unfortunately I don't think the SEC network is why we aren't being shown.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 03:46:47 EDT »

South Carolina was on tv. Unfortunately I don't think the SEC network is why we aren't being shown.

Had ESPN/SECN not backed out late in the process I think CSS or SS would have picked it up, though. It does stink not to be able to see the replay, but at least UTSports has highlights.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 05:02:31 EDT »

SEC TV packages do not include spring games.  Each school is free to make its own TV deal with whomever will pay a rights fee and broadcast. 

Apparently just no interest in broadcasting UT's spring game this year. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 05:28:41 EDT »

SEC TV packages do not include spring games.  Each school is free to make its own TV deal with whomever will pay a rights fee and broadcast.  

Apparently just no interest in broadcasting UT's spring game this year.  

That's not what I heard for this year. ESPN was planning to broadcast all of them and had to back out because they couldn't work the logistics.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 05:37:22 EDT »

That's not what I heard for this year. ESPN was planning to broadcast all of them and had to back out because they couldn't work the logistics.

And once they backed out each school was free to make their own deal, as they have always been.  The SEC package has never included spring games.   

One of my former broadcast crew members is now with ESPN.  He was in town to cover the O&W game for ESPN.  We talked about it while he was here. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 05:42:26 EDT »

And once they backed out each school was free to make their own deal, as they have always been.  The SEC package has never included spring games.   

One of my former broadcast crew members is now with ESPN.  He was in town to cover the O&W game for ESPN.  We talked about it while he was here. 

Right, but it was quite late in the process. SS and CSS declined, but I'm not sure they would have if we had planned to go with one of them all along.

Either way, spring games with far less have been broadcast in the past. It surprised me that they didn't pick it up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: