VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 08:15:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pitino at Minnesota  (Read 4306 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2014, 03:55:32 EDT »

Go get him if we're looking for an up and comer. Coaching bloodlines, name recognition, he will likely be able to recruit, he has done pretty well at Minn, and he plays a style we'd like.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 04:10:53 EDT »

No way.  No more legacies.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 04:16:52 EDT »

"This is Kent Dorfman, he's a legacy from Harrisburg Pennsylvania"   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 04:20:24 EDT »

8-10 in the Big Ten this year. The NIT championship is a bonus and his time spent on his father's staff and Billy D's staff helps, but I think Tennessee could wind up with someone a little more proven.

If Hart IS looking for an up-and-comer, though, I like Michael White at Louisiana Tech. He was regarded as an ace recruiter at Ole Miss and has done a really nice job at Louisiana Tech despite not yet making it to the NCAAT. 74-31 overall; 56-13 last two seasons, including 29-5 in league play and two first place ties. As they say..."We could do worse."
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 04:49:54 EDT »

I'll take Byrd over anyone who has yet to go to the tournament with different personnel groups.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 04:54:56 EDT »

8-10 in the Big Ten this year. The NIT championship is a bonus and his time spent on his father's staff and Billy D's staff helps, but I think Tennessee could wind up with someone a little more proven.

If Hart IS looking for an up-and-comer, though, I like Michael White at Louisiana Tech. He was regarded as an ace recruiter at Ole Miss and has done a really nice job at Louisiana Tech despite not yet making it to the NCAAT. 74-31 overall; 56-13 last two seasons, including 29-5 in league play and two first place ties. As they say..."We could do worse."

Louisiana Tech! 
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 05:07:27 EDT »

If you want somebody proven and pay something above $2.0M, then my first call would be to Jay Wright and not  Marshall. Wright makes $2.5M at Villanova and if he is interested in leaving the sinking ship of a conference he is in he might leave - just like Williams did Marquette for Va Tech of all places.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 05:09:57 EDT »

If you want somebody proven and pay something above $2.0M, then my first call would be to Jay Wright and not  Marshall. Wright makes $2.5M at Villanova and if he is interested in leaving the sinking ship of a conference he is in he might leave - just like Williams did Marquette for Va Tech of all places.

That would be a home run hire

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 05:26:26 EDT »

Do not want Little Ricky.
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 05:36:55 EDT »

Wright grew up in Pennsylvania and is married to a Villanova cheerleader. Don't see him even considering coming anywhere in the South, let alone Tennessee.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 06:15:25 EDT »

"That was Eric Stratton, Delta Tau Chi Chapter President, and he was damned glad to meet you." 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 04:18:32 EDT »

Louisiana Tech! 

LOL!  I know, right? 

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 04:09:55 EDT »

When the movie first came out, I heard it was a must see. I went and watched and laughed so hard I couldn't stand it! Never laughed as hard at a theater!

BG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: