VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 06:18:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Basilio says ..............  (Read 3599 times)
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2014, 05:21:30 EDT »

..... and I know that some of you don't care for Tony but he is as solid as anybody in the market whether one wants to believe it or not, that Michael White wants $2 million per year and for UT to pay his $600K buyout at LaTech.  

He's done nothing to deserve that kind of money, in my opinion.  I see him as a $1.3 million coach at best, and he funds at least half of his own buyout.

I hope Hart doesn't relent and just moves on if White sticks to his demands.  
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 05:27:53 EDT by HerbTarlekVol » Logged

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 05:25:58 EDT »

$600K to $2M a year? Good luck with that, he isn't all that.  (If true)

I don't like Tyndal that much though. Not really an upgrade.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 05:33:30 EDT »

..... and I know that some of you don't care for Tony but he is as solid as anybody in the market whether one wants to believe it or not, that Michael White wants $2 million per year and for UT to pay his $600K buyout at LaTech.  

He's done nothing to deserve that kind of money, in my opinion.  I see him as a $1.3 million coach at best, and he funds at least half of his own buyout.

I hope Hart doesn't relent and just moves on if White sticks to his demands.  

I don't have a problem with paying his full buyout from LT. I mean-- that's just sort of the price of hiring. But you can't combine that with more than tripling his current salary ANd a hefty buyout. No way.

On the other hand I think his work has been impressive, and I'm trying to make a list of candidates we could get for that same money and have trouble naming many that I think have the potential that White does.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 06:10:19 EDT »

No way it should be paid, but more power to him for tying to get it.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 06:23:23 EDT »

No way it should be paid, but more power to him for tying to get it.

I need representation like these guys have! He/they make be playing hardball because he prefers Ole Miss, and could get that opportunity soon. I'll tune back in when we make the hire
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 06:25:17 EDT »

It is almost like being in a union for these coaches
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 06:32:30 EDT »

If that's accurate, sounds like White and his representation are gambling on the hope that Hart is desperate and that we need him more than he needs TN.  No way he's worth that, though.  And I think Hart is smart enough not to cave.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 06:34:39 EDT »

Gary Parrish is saying that the talks with White have cooled, so I'm guessing we just couldn't get together. If he was asking for more than $1.5M it was too much.

I don't know where we go now though. Not Tyndall. NOT TYNDALL.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 08:03:06 EDT »

Gary Parrish is saying that the talks with White have cooled, so I'm guessing we just couldn't get together. If he was asking for more than $1.5M it was too much.

I don't know where we go now though. Not Tyndall. NOT TYNDALL.

Still perplexed as to why a call to Howland apparently hasn't even been made yet.  He could likely be had for somewhere in the $1.7 million to $2.0 million range, and ZERO buyout issues. 

Must have some kind of communicable disease or something.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 08:12:35 EDT »

Still perplexed as to why a call to Howland apparently hasn't even been made yet.  He could likely be had for somewhere in the $1.7 million to $2.0 million range, and ZERO buyout issues. 

Must have some kind of communicable disease or something.   

I think some of the word you hear floating around-- that he's a prickly character who former players don't particularly care for-- has much to do with this. After all, there have been a number of openings the last two years and it seems nobody has tried to get him.

Maybe it's also the trend-- we get further and further from those Final Fours and there are a lot of losses in the seasons that followed.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 08:22:47 EDT »

It's irrational, but I don't want another LaTech coach.

Too much like "deja vu, all over again".   

Particularly if he wants that kind of money.  We can do better IMO.

I think Hart will ultimately make a good hire, but we will see.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: