VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 03:17:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alabummer QBs "underperform"  (Read 2240 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2014, 04:36:35 EDT »

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10808657/quarterbacks-struggle-alabama-crimson-tide-spring-game

I noticed from the score that there were not a lot of points in the (g)Aday game.

I know, I know...spring games mean nothing, but still, I am not surprised.  AJ McCarron is gone, and ... oh yeah, some guy named Kiffin is the OC.   

Other than following the Vols, I am mostly looking forward to watching bammer's offense this fall.  I hope it's a train wreck.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 06:01:34 EDT »

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10808657/quarterbacks-struggle-alabama-crimson-tide-spring-game

I noticed from the score that there were not a lot of points in the (g)Aday game.

I know, I know...spring games mean nothing, but still, I am not surprised.  AJ McCarron is gone, and ... oh yeah, some guy named Kiffin is the OC.   

Other than following the Vols, I am mostly looking forward to watching bammer's offense this fall.  I hope it's a train wreck.   

The truth is "underperform" is a generous way of putting it.

BG

Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 06:03:59 EDT »

The truth is "underperform" is a generous way of putting it.

BG

Wait, are you saying Saban finally has an achilles heel? And in the year he has to visit Knoxville?

WWFDY.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 06:10:44 EDT »

Wait, are you saying Saban finally has an achilles heel? And in the year he has to visit Knoxville?

WWFDY.

If our QB situation is no better than what we showed, the docs may have to surgically remove that achilles heel. Hopefully Sims will get better, and Coker will arrive in June, and while he has talent he also has very little experience. I've seen many talented QB's with great arms become average on the field. It takes a lot more than just talent.

BG
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 01:09:33 EDT »

If our QB situation is no better than what we showed, the docs may have to surgically remove that achilles heel. Hopefully Sims will get better, and Coker will arrive in June, and while he has talent he also has very little experience. I've seen many talented QB's with great arms become average on the field. It takes a lot more than just talent.

BG

The way UT's luck has been running, whoever is the qb will look like an all pro when we play. Still it is my great hope kiffin torpedo's your team with his divisive personality.    If there is any coach who can alienate the players and turn them against each other it is kiffin.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 02:37:10 EDT »

The way UT's luck has been running, whoever is the qb will look like an all pro when we play. Still it is my great hope kiffin torpedo's your team with his divisive personality.    If there is any coach who can alienate the players and turn them against each other it is kiffin.

I try to pretend he's still associated with some other school...any other school just not this one! 

BG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: