VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 03:46:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lebron going back to Cleveland  (Read 4905 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2014, 06:36:27 EDT »

I admittedly don't follow the NBA closely, but this story has fascinated me for weeks.  I really despised the Heat but I don't think I'll have as much animosity towards Lebron now for some reason.  I do think it's hilarious that their "Dynasty of dynasties" has already run its course and all the bandwagoners are crying.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11203027/lebron-james-says-returning-cleveland-cavaliers

This will forever make me LOL, too:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BrqXDEPu6v8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/BrqXDEPu6v8</a>
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 06:41:20 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 07:28:16 EDT »

So he can stay at home and retire from a group of losers? Miami got too old and complacent and face it, Lebron cannot carry a team on his back.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 09:22:24 EDT »

So he can stay at home and retire from a group of losers? Miami got too old and complacent and face it, Lebron cannot carry a team on his back.

Hate to say it, but with Kyrie Irving and Andrew Wiggins, they're going to be pretty good.  It's definitely a better supporting cast than he had before in Cleveland.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 04:52:26 EDT »

My opinion is that the new commish realizes the damage that LeBron to Miami did to begin with and has taken steps to correct it.  I think he is taking a different approach than Schtern, but in either case, protecting the NBA's image is seen as paramount.

Still...I like the new commish better than Schtern.  Well enough to start watching more?  Not yet, but maybe there is hope.

I am just glad Schtern is gone.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 08:00:13 EDT »

My opinion is that the new commish realizes the damage that LeBron to Miami did to begin with and has taken steps to correct it.  I think he is taking a different approach than Schtern, but in either case, protecting the NBA's image is seen as paramount.

Still...I like the new commish better than Schtern.  Well enough to start watching more?  Not yet, but maybe there is hope.

I am just glad Schtern is gone.   

I don't watch the NBA, but how did LeBron going to Miami "damage" the NBA?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 09:06:46 EDT »

I don't watch the NBA, but how did LeBron going to Miami "damage" the NBA?

It caused quite a stir.  Many hated Miami as a result, although certain others loved them.  I think the hate was bigger though.

My opinion is it highlighted the league's blatant favoritism towards big market teams and made it quite obvious.

The league has apparently decided that LeBron going back to Cleveland is a great story.  No coincidence they got all those no. 1 picks.

And yeah...conspiracy theory.  But I saw Bill Simmons reaction live on the air to the no. 1 "lottery" pick this year and he pretty much came out and said in so many words it was rigged.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 09:58:25 EDT »

Yawn. It's the NBA. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 12:41:04 EDT »

After what Lebron did with that little St. Jude  kid in Memphis, He can go to hell as far as I am concerned!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 02:15:49 EDT »

It caused quite a stir.  Many hated Miami as a result, although certain others loved them.  I think the hate was bigger though.

My opinion is it highlighted the league's blatant favoritism towards big market teams and made it quite obvious.

The league has apparently decided that LeBron going back to Cleveland is a great story.  No coincidence they got all those no. 1 picks.

And yeah...conspiracy theory.  But I saw Bill Simmons reaction live on the air to the no. 1 "lottery" pick this year and he pretty much came out and said in so many words it was rigged.

Lebron going back to Cleveland is fascinating, and again I normally don't even care about the NBA like I used to as a teen.  But I suspect this will draw a lot of borderline casual fans back in out of curiosity.  I couldn't stand Lebron and the rest of the Heat guys, but after hearing Lebron's letter announcing his return I kinda don't dislike the guy as much now.

His stay in Miami wasn't really interesting at all.  They were SUPPOSED to win every year and it just wasn't enjoyable for most outside of Miami.  I don't buy the favoritism towards big market teams though.  The Knicks and the Lakers have suxed for many years now and those are the two biggest markets in the U.S.  The Spurs are arguably the team of the decade and that's a small sports market, relatively speaking.  The Cavs sure are lucking up now, though.  I was also hoping Melo would end up a Bull but that's seemingly out, now.  It would've made for a more formidable Eastern conf.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 02:35:25 EDT »

Yawn. It's the NBA. 

Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2014, 06:40:38 EDT »

Win. 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 04:33:40 EDT »

For the 3rd time he will be the highest paid basketball player in Ohio (High school, Cleveland Cavs 1st and 2nd time).

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: