VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 03:04:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you're in the market for a smartphone...  (Read 1548 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2014, 11:14:19 EDT »

...the new LG G3 is rolling out to all the major providers next week.  Shockingly, it will only cost $99 on-contract (most comparable phones are double that).  In addition, Verizon is running 50% off all smartphones for the next few weeks, so you can get it for 50 bucks on Verizon. 

One thing to watch for, that I didn't realize until just now: it comes in 16GB and 32GB models.  But there is a greater difference than just capacity- the 32G version will pack 3GB of RAM, while the 16G model has only 2.  It looks like Verizon will only sell the 32GB version, but if performance is important to you, you might want to check with your provider to make sure which one you're getting.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 02:08:06 EDT »

Well, my company phone upgrade is still pending approval for the G2.. but I'm pretty sure everyone gets whatever free upgrade there is.  Kinda hard to be picky when the company foots the bill.  I'd love to have the G3, but still the G2 will be a significant step up from my old Droid Razr.

I was in a mall the other day and stopped in the Verizon store just to hold the G2 and loved the look and feel.  Like you, the saleswoman said "wait for the G3".  But alas, I don't really have a choice. 

I may check to see if they'll let step up to the G3 if I pay for the phone myself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: