VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 11:48:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I like the swagger of our new coach vs. our old coach  (Read 2798 times)
Creek Walker
« on: July 16, 2014, 02:57:26 EDT »

We all know that Tennessee isn't going to set the world on fire this year. You know it, I know it, Butch Jones knows it. But at least he isn't adopting the defeatist attitude that Derek Dooley embraced.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/85324/jones-vols-optimistic-heading-into-2014
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 01:47:41 EDT »

I'm brimming with hope, too.  Gotta tell ya, I drive into the parking lot this morning and it was sunny and the air was cool and crisp.  Made me think of fall and football.  I smiled all the way to the door.   
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 02:16:04 EDT »

I'm brimming with hope, too.  Gotta tell ya, I drive into the parking lot this morning and it was sunny and the air was cool and crisp.  Made me think of fall and football.  I smiled all the way to the door.   

No kidding. We're getting a taste of October in July and it just makes me want football to start that much more. I am so ready.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 04:03:24 EDT »

Cautiously optimistic. 

I see and hear all of the predictions that we will win 7 games this year.  I would love to see it, but I just don't right now.  We are way too inexperienced on the entire defense (with the exception of the LB corps), at RB, and especially in the entire OL, to have much confidence in winning 7 games at this point.  Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised, but right now I believe that 6-6 would be a great year.

In any event, with the schedule we play, 6-6 would be a definitely improvement, and in fact we could be a much better football team - and I expect us to be - and still not better last year's 5-7 record. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 04:59:42 EDT »

I agree Herb. The SEC part of our schedule is killer. What else is new? I think Utah State will be a bigger challenge than people think and of course OK will be a top 5 team. I just hope we can shock one or two of our top 10 ranked opponents. I feel this Vols team will be a lot better than we think it is. But that doesn't mean that we probably won't have a better than 5-7 record.

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 09:48:36 EDT »

We all know that Tennessee isn't going to set the world on fire this year. You know it, I know it, Butch Jones knows it. But at least he isn't adopting the defeatist attitude that Derek Dooley embraced.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/85324/jones-vols-optimistic-heading-into-2014

I have no idea what you're talking about.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 05:01:49 EDT »

I have no idea what you're talking about.

lol

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 05:05:37 EDT »

I don't know if we can get to 6-6.  I am about as unconcerned about this season as any since I have been a Vol fan.  I am mostly fired up about our recruiting rankings.  We were 4th in Rivals this year and so far are 5th for next year.  That is what it's going to take.  If the 2015 class holds up we will be much improved in 2015 and could be really good in 2016.  In the meantime, I expect to take some more lumps this year.  I feel like the players who survived last year grew from it and I think we build more character this year.  I am optimistic about the future with Butch...very optimistic.  Not so much for this season, but I will be rooting for the team all the way.  6-6 will be a pleasant surprise, anything better and my optimism for the future next couple years will be off the charts. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: