VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 11:22:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speaking of car buying, I am looking at a 2009 Porsche Cayenne GTS SUV with  (Read 2948 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2014, 09:24:56 EDT »

a 6 speed manual. Very hard to find a manual tranny in this vehicle. It has 41,000 miles and has a turbo V8. Loaded with every option. The owner is the son of Black Hills Harley Davidson's owner. Awesome vehicle. Asking $43,750. Anybody have any pros or cons for this Vehicle.

volsboyinsodak
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 09:34:56 EDT »

If you can afford the tires and routine maintenance for this car, it is a great car. You can expect this car to run great. When you have to have it worked on (and you will), be pepared to shell out $$. If you can really afford to pay that much for 2009 auto, then money must not be an object. If you want it for a part-time toy, great. Go for it.

Every one I know that has owned a Porsche, viewed it as a money pit within a year.

Before you buy it, ask the seller why he is getting rid of it.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 11:00:47 EDT »

He has his own dealership here in Rapid City. Only sells exotics and and other high end vehicles. He also has an 2011  Audi Q7 TDI that is nice as well. He has several others, but these were his personal vehicles. His dad owns one of the most famous Harley-Davidson deaslerships in the US. If I had their money I would burn mine. I want it just because you don't see one, especially with a manual transmission, at every stop light.

volsboyinsodak
73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 12:44:18 EDT »

If you can afford it, buy it quickly. If he is tired of it and wants a new toy, buy it before he changes his mind. If you will not handicap and put a real hardship on you and your family (if you have one), don't ask for people's advice or approval. You need to enjoy your life while you still can and do not wait until later and put off things you want to do. I retired early just for that reason. I want to enjoy myself while I still can. I was hoping to enjoy things with my son later in his life, but he died in a car wreck 10 years ago. Don't put things off thinking you will have time to them later. Through no fault of your own, you may not have the opportunity.  If he really has maintained it properly, that 6-speed will be a sweet ride. Oh, I have owned two sports cars (2 seaters) in my life.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 12:54:28 EDT »

Thanks 73Volgrad! You are so right. We usually regret the things we don't do, the worst.

volsboyinsodak
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 03:09:33 EDT »

I agree with 73. Life is too short. Enjoy it.

However, I also agree with him about the cost. A Porsche is very expensive to maintain and repair, perhaps the most expensive mass produced car. I said in another thread, I would never own a German car out of warranty. But if you're prepared for that, mentally and financially, go for it.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 04:14:19 EDT »

Wants and needs are always the kicker. I want the Porsche but need like a Chevy Sonic. LOL

volsboyinsodak
73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 05:08:40 EDT »

I live by "Life is too short to not eat dessert first." If I have to choose between desert and a huge meal, I eat a little dessert first, then my meal, then all I can of the dessert. Usually I am sharing dessert with my wife so little if any is left.

I understand wants and needs. I really want a Nissan GT-R or a new Corvette Sting Ray. Do I need either? No! Do I want either? Yes! Can I afford either? Only if I spend a chunk of retirement savings. I will have to be content on driving and paying off my Nissan Maxima SV Sport. I may be practical, but I gotta drive a fast car that can handle. My knees also got too bad to get in and out of my 370Z and it could not handle all 2 people's luggage for a week at the beach. The Maxima has a V-6 engine so I can live with that. I also could and can afford it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: