VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 11:06:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our long national nightmare is over  (Read 2286 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2014, 02:58:30 EDT »

The Braves have released Dan Uggla.

Of course, they're still on the hook for 18M through the end of next season, so his ghost is going to haunt us for awhile longer.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 03:19:55 EDT »

Thank goodness. He was doing absolutely nothing for the team.

It's amazing how bad he got. He got worse every year. He couldn't even get above the Mendoza line.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 03:24:14 EDT »

Thank goodness. He was doing absolutely nothing for the team.

It's amazing how bad he got. He got worse every year. He couldn't even get above the Mendoza line.

I read earlier that he only had 33 plate appearances in the last 74 days.  Which begs the question: Why did they wait THIS long?

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 05:42:30 EDT »

I read earlier that he only had 33 plate appearances in the last 74 days.  Which begs the question: Why did they wait THIS long?

They've been trying to move him since the season started.  Finally they gave up on finding any takers and just released him. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 07:33:26 EDT »

That's obvious.  They had 18 million reasons to wait.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 01:31:23 EDT »

They've been trying to move him since the season started.  Finally they gave up on finding any takers and just released him. 

They've been trying to deal him for two years.  The only way anyone was going to take him was if the Braves subsidized 90% of his remaining salary and threw in a prospect or two.  In four years, he went from the best offensive 2B in baseball to a guy you had to pay other teams to take off your hands.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: