VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 07:09:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The more of these incidents you hear about...  (Read 3279 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2014, 12:50:50 EDT »

...the more you realize that these aren't outliers.  This IS the bammer fanbase.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/titansinsider/2014/07/21/zach-mettenberger-tennessee-titans-losers/12953789/

Zach Mettenberger has yet to take a hit in the NFL, but he's already proven he can take a punch.

The Titans rookie quarterback was the victim of a sucker punch in the face during a Saturday incident at Losers Most Wanted Bar & Grill on Division Street, according to its owner.

Steve Ford said Monday that the 6-foot-5, 224-pound former LSU star did nothing to provoke another bar patron and did not throw any punches.

"Here's the truth: The guy said something about 'Roll Tide!' to Zach, and Zach turned around and said 'Good luck with that,' " Ford said. "And the guy's buddy then sucker-punched Zach.

"I promise you that Mettenberger did not throw a punch. He didn't do anything. The guy sucker-punched him in the eye, that's the bottom line, and the guy that punched him started running out the door. My door guys had to chase him down."

Mettenberger, a sixth-round draft pick, did not require medical attention at the scene. On Sunday night, he cleared up a fan message-board rumor that indicated he'd broken his hand in an incident at a local bar.

"Bogus rumor," Mettenberger said in a direct message via Twitter.

Efforts to reach Mettenberger on Monday were unsuccessful. The Titans declined comment.

Alabama and LSU are SEC West rivals, but the Crimson Tide has won the last three meetings, including the BCS National Championship Game to conclude the 2011 season. LSU defeated Alabama earlier that season, before Mettenberger became the full-time starter in 2012.

Ford, who owns eight bars in Nashville, said Mettenberger and first-round pick Taylor Lewan have visited Losers on numerous occasions and they have "never done anything wrong."

Lewan was also at Losers on Saturday, according to his Twitter feed. The former Michigan tackle is facing three misdemeanor assault charges for allegedly punching an Ohio State fan after last year's Michigan-Ohio State game. The trial is scheduled for October in Michigan during the Titans' bye week.

"They are 23, and they are good kids," Ford said. "Taylor is a good person, and so is Zach. … They just like to go out and try and have a good time, but they don't cause problems. This all started with a 'Roll Tide' because Zach played quarterback at LSU."

Don Aaron, spokesman for the Nashville Metro Police Department, said there were no incident reports for Losers over the weekend. Ford said he grabbed Mettenberger, and the "door guys" at the bar chased down the alleged puncher. Neither the bar nor Mettenberger planned to press charges, Ford said.

"It is what it is and it's over. No one is pressing charges. It shouldn't have happened to begin with. … Zach did not throw one punch, period. I was standing right next to him," Ford said.

"In 15 years being in the bar business, I know that everyone is trying to provoke someone who is a moving billboard. I don't care if they are country music, a rapper, football players or whatever. Everybody is trying to push somebody's buttons. It is a lawsuit jungle out there."

Mettenberger and the rest of the Titans report for training camp on Friday. The first practice is scheduled for 9:20 a.m. Saturday at Saint Thomas Sports Park and is open to the public.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 03:13:58 EDT »

They have good fans, but definitely more than their share of idiots.  Every fan base has idiots, it's just Bammer leads the nation in per capita idiots.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 04:38:50 EDT »

I actually listened for the Finebaum for more than a few minutes for the first time the other day and got to hear some of his Bammer regulars.  What a freakshow.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 12:21:57 EDT »

They have good fans, but definitely more than their share of idiots.  Every fan base has idiots, it's just Bammer leads the nation in per capita idiots.   

Yes, like all schools they have good fans and bad.  What I'm saying is that at THIS point in time, the good fans are the outliers, not the other way around.  I've seen it firsthand here in Chattanooga.  Most of their "fans" at present couldn't find Tuscaloosa on a map.  Ask them who Saban's predecessor was, and they're likely to say "Bear Bryant", if they can answer at all.  When bammer returns to earth, most of these people will find another team (or, more likely, a NASCAR driver) to root for, and only the "good" fans will remain.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 04:37:56 EDT »

Yes, like all schools they have good fans and bad.  What I'm saying is that at THIS point in time, the good fans are the outliers, not the other way around.  I've seen it firsthand here in Chattanooga.  Most of their "fans" at present couldn't find Tuscaloosa on a map.  Ask them who Saban's predecessor was, and they're likely to say "Bear Bryant", if they can answer at all.  When bammer returns to earth, most of these people will find another team (or, more likely, a NASCAR driver) to root for, and only the "good" fans will remain.

Oh I completely agree. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 05:17:58 EDT »

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/D9F0C009121000058326865813504_1c0c1ac5186.3.4_CDgvM6fErCF49tCQfgUDOflODtpcsJbNIbiKQY0pAT5SqB6z62qbgGmoORzqOPdk.mp4?versionId=TxVf80u772lZD1L1yQQQRMZZ3YXlssu8
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 02:55:22 EDT »

I'd bet money that the guy in that video has also outfitted his vehicle with these...

http://www.trucknutz.com/

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 05:26:53 EDT »

wurd   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: