VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 06:15:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Countdown is jonesing for a Wine Post!  (Read 2897 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2014, 02:57:42 EDT »

It's 35 Days and a wakeup till its FOOTBALL TIME in TENNESSEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guido and his wife J

The gang at a tailgate (Checkout granny holding TROLo, who Guido named)

Pop

In honor of our friends Guido, BTH, VolKen, Tango, NissanVol
 & UT Pop

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 03:23:33 EDT »

My wine post:

The allowing of wine in grocery stores is on the ballot for November in both the city of Knoxville and the town of Farragut.  Hopefully the powers that be will get enough votes to put it on the November ballot in Knox County, as well.  They are close. 

Three Buck Chuck at Trader Joe's is close to becoming a reality. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 09:11:15 EDT »

Krogers here the past 2 weekends had in their stores a place to sign a petition to get it on the November ballot. They need 1,800 people to sign up and I heard they got that and more so we will be able to vote on it come Nov.

Me....if everyone was like me all the wine folks would be out of business. I just don't drink the stuff. OTOH the worst beer I ever drank was good.

I signed it for my wife and it will help me not having to make 2 stops to get her wine.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 10:10:42 EDT »

I'll try to post one before football season starts. Tonight I'm going to dinner at the home of friends. I will provide the wine of course. 4 bottles, but the two stars of the evening are:

Lewis Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve (2002)($100.00 in 2007)
    To me, the King of Cabs. Absolutely outstanding. Almost everything from this winery is rated 90 points or more.

Turley Wine Cellars Zinfandel Paso Robles Dusi Vineyard (2012)($42.00)
    And, in my opinion, the Zin of Zins. Brutally high alcohol content (16.3%) but Turley tames it and doesn't let it get too hot and spicy.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 10:24:40 EDT »

Not a wine or whine post either. I am planning on opening a Diesel Punk Stout after dinner.  I'll tell you what is is like.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 01:33:05 EDT »

OK Diesel Punk is not swill. It is kind of sweet for a stout and the chocolate flavor is adequate. Not swill. Not great.
ErnienBernie
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 03:59:18 EDT »

Ok, let me jump right in here. As to wines, I'm a red only guy and I have two pinot noirs to tell you about. At the $15 price level you absolutely cannot to wrong with Traveaux de vin, it is a fruity wine but not over the top and reasonably complex especially in this price range. One of my very favorites and at the $25 price level is Maysara Jamsheed from McMinnville Oregon. Very nice mouth watering acididity, fruit presence is noticeable and has the funkiness and complexity of a great burgundy.

As to the Gentleman popping the beer above, I had a couple of pints of Boulevard Two Jokers Friday night. Sweet, tart funky, flavor bursting from many directions. This may be the best beer brewed in these here United States.

I'm also a bourbon expert (in my own mind) ;-)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 06:13:47 EDT »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aJaRKiYDk6U" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/aJaRKiYDk6U</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RKKOX5fIeK4" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/RKKOX5fIeK4</a>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: