VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 12:52:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tugboat Alan Carson has quit the program  (Read 3466 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2014, 09:46:26 EDT »

Not a big shock

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 10:28:37 EDT »

No I would say the Freshmen are better than him.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 03:03:45 EDT »

Dooley simply brought in some players that aren't SEC caliber. I can understand year "0"... the rest is incomprehensible.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 05:09:50 EDT »

He has graduated and is moving on. Would you like to be a tackling or blocking target all year and know you were going to play little? If he can go out, get a job, start earning money, and not beat his body up, I say more power to him. There is no need to denigrate a young man obviously here for an education.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 05:41:15 EDT »

He has graduated and is moving on. Would you like to be a tackling or blocking target all year and know you were going to play little? If he can go out, get a job, start earning money, and not beat his body up, I say more power to him. There is no need to denigrate a young man obviously here for an education.

Agreed.  UT offered him a scholly, and he accepted.  Just like Cody Blanc, and several other players who would not be offered now.  One can hardly blame them for accepting a scholly that was offered them.  Heck fire, it's doubtful that UT would offer it's potential starting QB were he being recruited right now.  

Hats off to Carson for actually wanting to earn his degree and move on and be a productive citizen at something other than football.  Not everybody on the roster is of that mindset.  

Go Army - Beat Navy!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 06:59:28 EDT »

Well said. Hats off to Mr. Carson for making the most of his opportunity, and earning his degree. Well done.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 07:20:27 EDT »

Well I wasn't denigrating the young man. Absolutely correct that he accepted an offer that was extended. Congrats to him!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 07:25:21 EDT »

Well I wasn't denigrating the young man. Absolutely correct that he accepted an offer that was extended. Congrats to him!

I don't think anyone did. Good for him that he took advantage of the opportunity he was given, and I wish him the absolute best. The fact that he's never been a contributor in football is an indictment of Dooley, not Carson.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 08:28:02 EDT »

I don't think anyone did. Good for him that he took advantage of the opportunity he was given, and I wish him the absolute best. The fact that he's never been a contributor in football is an indictment of Dooley, not Carson.

Exactly
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: