VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 02:17:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To whomever the idiot was that fired Bruce . . .  (Read 17251 times)
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2014, 01:44:40 EDT »

Bruce fired himself by lying to his bosses, lying to the NCAA, and then concocting a story and conspiring with his assistants to try and cover the lies.  He turned an inconsequential very minor slap on the wrist infraction in to a three year show cause penalty simply because he couldn't fess up and tell the truth before he was forced to admit that hadn't been honest about the whole situation.  He had his chances to come clean and avoid the entire sordid affair, but wouldn't do it. 

Y'all had better just hope he doesn't decide to hold a barbecue. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2014, 01:52:09 EDT »

Bruce fired himself by lying to his bosses, lying to the NCAA, and then concocting a story and conspiring with his assistants to try and cover the lies.  He turned an inconsequential very minor slap on the wrist infraction in to a three year show cause penalty simply because he couldn't fess up and tell the truth before he was forced to admit that hadn't been honest about the whole situation.  He had his chances to come clean and avoid the entire sordid affair, but wouldn't do it. 

Y'all had better just hope he doesn't decide to hold a barbecue. 

He's changed schools.....I guess it's about time he changes wives too. Must be a hottie in Auburn that trumps the one he has now..... like what happened in Knoxville.
CONSIGLIEREG8R
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2014, 03:34:50 EDT »

LOL . . . pouring salt . . . you guys are like shooting fish in a barrel.  I post the exact sentiment I've seen expressed by Clock and all the other UTers that frequent the VS and WHAB.  But naturally the snarling dogs begin to howl and scream . . . and insult.  And of course my followup I only agreed with how wonderful UT tradition is . . . historically.

Tiderinsider's got nothing on you guys . . . well except the winning part.

Ouch on that last line
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2014, 05:00:23 EDT »

Wayne, Bruce is doing what he does - he's a winner. He will have Auburn winning the west soon. Not this year, but soon. Of course the west sucks... but...

I'm good with our coach though. Best of luck.

Didn't the SEC start going to a top to bottom ranking in basketball and did away with the East vs West standings?  I know our schedule last year was weird and not the traditional play each east school twice and west school once.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2014, 06:22:43 EDT »

Correct, and it was largely because UT got the shaft during one of Bruce's years when the finished third in the SEC East, but had a better record than the West champion did and got the shaft in SECT seeding. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2014, 06:49:47 EDT »

I think I'd like to go back to divisional basketball. No home game vs. Kentucky last year and no home game vs. Florida this year really bites. 
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2014, 07:43:45 EDT »

I'd try to mock Wayne, but, uh, he's got Malzahn AND Pearl. I'm for our guys, but admit life is pretty good on The Plains. If there's anything we've learned, it's talk trash while you can. I intend to be insufferable if we near mediocrity. 

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2014, 08:40:52 EDT »

How long before Gus decides to try his system in the NFL? He's got to, ya know. He's already mastered the college game, and there are plenty of naysayers who would say his system wouldn't work in the NFL. 
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2014, 09:06:11 EDT »

How long before Gus decides to try his system in the NFL? He's got to, ya know. He's already mastered the college game, and there are plenty of naysayers who would say his system wouldn't work in the NFL. 

I don't see that happening at all.  Steve Spurrier's NFL failures should be a real warning that a gimmiky offense won't work at that level. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2014, 09:23:29 EDT »

So now bammer fans are saying this about Malzahn, after years of barners saying this about Satan.  Hm.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2014, 11:18:19 EDT »

Really?  I think the new coach might do okay.  We will see.

I get the impression that the coach leavin' is better the the new coach comin'...and Martin wasn't even that great.  I seriously doubt we will ever hire a better coach than BP.

Creek Walker
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2014, 01:19:50 EDT »

I get the impression that the coach leavin' is better the the new coach comin'...and Martin wasn't even that great.

I don't think that's a fair assessment of Tyndall considering that he's never coached a game at the major college level.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2014, 02:35:37 EDT »

I get the impression that the coach leavin' is better the the new coach comin'...and Martin wasn't even that great.  I seriously doubt we will ever hire a better coach than BP.

Where are you getting that impression? I think there's plenty of evidence that the opposite is true.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2014, 02:45:40 EDT »

Exactly......DT is going to be a hell of a coach/recruiter for us.

Bruce screwed the pooch...get over it folks.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2014, 03:18:25 EDT »

Bruce screwed the pooch...get over it folks.

This. Don't understand all of the people who still want to kiss Pearl's ass at every opportunity.  He is the guy who turned what should have been a very minor infraction in to a three year show cause penalty.  He did it.  All by himself. 

And he is the reason we had to endure 3 years of Double Live Cuonzo ball. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2014, 03:46:59 EDT »

This. Don't understand all of the people who still want to kiss Pearl's ass at every opportunity.  He is the guy who turned what should have been a very minor infraction in to a three year show cause penalty.  He did it. 

Yup.  I miss the happy times he brought us, but he was not the victim.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2014, 04:23:10 EDT »

I really hate Auburn.

I always have liked Creek. Excellent poster.

BG
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2014, 06:30:00 EDT »

This. Don't understand all of the people who still want to kiss Pearl's ass at every opportunity.  He is the guy who turned what should have been a very minor infraction in to a three year show cause penalty.  He did it.  All by himself. 

And he is the reason we had to endure 3 years of Double Live Cuonzo ball. 

Honestly...until Wayne posted, I actually had forgotten Bruce was even at Allbarn. Just haven't been paying attention.  Too much actual life going on.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2014, 02:13:17 EDT »

Honestly...until Wayne posted, I actually had forgotten Bruce was even at Allbarn. Just haven't been paying attention.  Too much actual life going on.   

They are still out there in force, Bandit. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2014, 08:21:54 EDT »

They are still out there in force, Bandit. 

Oh I am sure.  Just not in my house, lol.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2014, 10:45:27 EDT »

Yup.  I miss the happy times he brought us, but he was not the victim.

He was not the victim, he was simply the best coach we ever had for the men's team and may very well be the best we will ever have.  That's all I'm saying.  We all know we would have a good team or maybe even a great team if we had hired BP back.  With this new coach?  Nobody has any real F'n idea.

I'd rather give him a second chance (and win games) than continually being butthurt over the stupid mistakes that he made.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:47:36 EDT by Coupe De VOL » Logged

RON
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2014, 02:59:53 EDT »

I was one of those guys who wanted Bruce Pearl back. Having said that I think Donnie Tyndall will get the job done.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: