VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 11:53:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vols/Ga Tech in Atlanta in 2017  (Read 2894 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2014, 02:29:24 EDT »

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Bolt/Vols-nearing-agreement-to-play-Georgia-Tech-in-2017-30596817

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 02:49:39 EDT »

Pre-game meal: 2 chili dawgs, a chili-cheese burger, an order of fries and an order of rings, a peach pie, and a large frosted orange.  All from the Varsity, of course.   

Oh, and I will need to be sure to stop on the way and pick up a roll of Tums.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 03:25:45 EDT »

GVF must be freakin' pumped right about now.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 03:47:51 EDT »

Well, for a power five opponent, GT is about as "meh" as it gets.  And I'm leery about giving Chik-fil-a our business again after they screwed us over a couple years ago by moving our game to Friday night.  But playing the first meaningful football game in that new stadium (which looks like it's going to be pretty awesome) will be cool.  

We were just down there Saturday night for the Falcons/Titans game, and the new stadium is going to almost be on top of the Georgia Dome.  I mean the construction site is less than 10' away from the South entrance.  I'll bet it's going to be a real headache getting in and out of that area for games the next couple years.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 03:51:07 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 03:53:56 EDT »

GVF must be freakin' pumped right about now.

Careful- that's one.  Beetlejuice rules are in effect here.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 04:33:33 EDT »

And we might just have to get our UGA Pup lawyer former VTTW poster buddy out to that one.  We'll have something in common for that day for sure - his dislike for GaTech. 

There will likely be a couple of Knoxville area kids on that GaTech team - Nathan Cottrell, he of the 4.3 40 speed from Knoxville West, and Brant Mitchell of Webb School, who picked GaTech over our beloved Volunteers. 

Cottrell is a perfect fit for Paul Johnson's offense as the "fullback" or whatever they call the lone back behind the QB in that system.  He's the kind of back who can bust it up the middle in a heartbeat for 60 yards.  And that's assuming, of course, that Johnson is still around by then.  He's got some heat on him to get it done this year. 

Mitchell is simply a beast at linebacker.  I really hate that we didn't get him, but he really does like GaTech and the opportunity to get an engineering degree from Tech, as I understand it 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 08:25:51 EDT »

That's a historic rivalry.  Nice to see it back on tap. Also nice that it's not OU.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 10:17:59 EDT »

Careful- that's one.  Beetlejuice rules are in effect here.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: