VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 08:54:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The VOL nation is ready  (Read 6395 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2014, 11:03:04 EDT »

20 deep for the VOL Walk
30+ minutes before it started
Maggitt was fired up
AJ was intense
Couple of FR had deer in the headlight looks
CBJ had his game face on

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 11:53:01 EDT »

20 deep for the VOL Walk
30+ minutes before it started
Maggitt was fired up
AJ was intense
Couple of FR had deer in the headlight looks
CBJ had his game face on

Biggest crowd I can remember at 2+ hours before kickoff.
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 05:17:46 EDT »

I'm proud of tonight's fans! On the tube, they seemed so supportive of the Vols! Add that to what I'm now reading on this post. This is how you make these young players "Give their all for Tennessee today"!

What was the attendance? Anybody know? The network said less than 500 showed up for the Utes.

GreggO
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 05:32:52 EDT »

I'm proud of tonight's fans! On the tube, they seemed so supportive of the Vols! Add that to what I'm now reading on this post. This is how you make these young players "Give their all for Tennessee today"!

What was the attendance? Anybody know? The network said less than 500 showed up for the Utes.

GreggO

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 05:46:52 EDT »

Nooooot bad for an opening game. Not bad at all! Was it as loud as it sounded on the broadcast?

G   
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 06:18:59 EDT »

I was caught off guard for the vol walk. Let my son play on the inflatables at circle park and then headed over little over an hour before the walk and it was packed. 

At my son's demands, I have to download the 3rd for what song for the trip home. What a first game experience he had.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 06:22:09 EDT »

Nooooot bad for an opening game. Not bad at all! Was it as loud as it sounded on the broadcast?

G   
At times very loud.  Pregame the crowd was pumped.  The new drumline circle at the end of warmups was a hit.  The crowd and the team seemed to both love it.  Realley the only "new: thing I noticed with the band, other than they seemed to only play when Tennessee had the ball, kinda strange

After the first quarter the crowd sort of relaxed.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 06:45:39 EDT »

At times very loud.  Pregame the crowd was pumped.  The new drumline circle at the end of warmups was a hit.  The crowd and the team seemed to both love it.  Realley the only "new: thing I noticed with the band, other than they seemed to only play when Tennessee had the ball, kinda strange

After the first quarter the crowd sort of relaxed.

I heard there were new band rules by the NCAA this year, such as the band has to STFU when the offense comes to the line. I would think with a team that runs a hurry-up, that would affect the band and hence the crowd as well.

Plus, the 2nd qtr seemed to drag on; it was lifeless. The Utes didn't score, but our O stagnated for a while.

I'll take the win, but when the flow is rolling I'd like to see it going for a while. UT could have destroyed their will to play; that's the way it looked.

G     
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 03:53:13 EDT »

Part of the unreal VOL Walk crowd.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 10:35:43 EDT »

This was from last year but it applied to yesterday as well.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5VgLReh04Ro" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/5VgLReh04Ro</a>

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 06:15:35 EDT »

I was at the Volwalk about an before it happened and the crowd started building. But I forgot something in the car and had to go back. When I got back with 10 minutes until it started I was gob smacked whenI turned the corner and saw the numbers. I was shocked, and for all the games that I've been to this one was by leaps and bounds the largest I had ever seen. I've never been to a Volwalk to compare this one to so maybe somebody can tell me how this one compares to one when we play Florida or Bama. All I know is I got good pictures and video of it. Loved the band and players circle thing...loved it.
Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 06:59:50 EDT »

I was at the Volwalk about an before it happened and the crowd started building. But I forgot something in the car and had to go back. When I got back with 10 minutes until it started I was gob smacked whenI turned the corner and saw the numbers. I was shocked, and for all the games that I've been to this one was by leaps and bounds the largest I had ever seen. I've never been to a Volwalk to compare this one to so maybe somebody can tell me how this one compares to one when we play Florida or Bama. All I know is I got good pictures and video of it. Loved the band and players circle thing...loved it.

I walked down Peyton Pass at 2:30 p.m. and there were already so many people there we just sat down to save ourselves a seat. I certainly didn't want to sit there for over 2 hours but after about 30 minutes I was glad I did. People just kept coming. I've never seen so many people for a non-conference game.
Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 07:00:50 EDT »

Btw, I freakin' love the new drum line with the players. That was a crowd-energizer when half of them were still camped out in the concourses to stay dry. Imagine what that's going to be like vs. Florida. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 07:55:45 EDT »

Btw, I freakin' love the new drum line with the players. That was a crowd-energizer when half of them were still camped out in the concourses to stay dry. Imagine what that's going to be like vs. Florida. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: