VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 03:54:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we see Peterman or Dobbs now?*  (Read 4017 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2014, 04:08:15 EDT »

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 04:09:12 EDT »

Nate.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 04:33:14 EDT »

I was wondering why they put Peterman in over Dobbs.  From what I have seen and even on his 1 completed pass...Peterman is nowhere near an SEC level QB.
I almost turned the TV off when he came into the game.

Go Big Orange.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 04:36:21 EDT »

Well, after seeing Dobbs last year I think Peterman the better choice at the moment.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 04:39:44 EDT »

Maybe, but either way our backup selection is not very good...Peterman just holds the ball waayyyyy too long on his 1 pass, just like against Florida last year.

Go Big Orange.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 05:03:52 EDT »

I was wondering why they put Peterman in over Dobbs.  From what I have seen and even on his 1 completed pass...Peterman is nowhere near an SEC level QB.
I almost turned the TV off when he came into the game.

You've seen him for one half in an impossible situation at Florida, and playing mop up duty where his sole responsibility was to hand the ball off. Interesting that you can make that judgment. 
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 05:11:14 EDT »

You've seen him for one half in an impossible situation at Florida, and playing mop up duty where his sole responsibility was to hand the ball off. Interesting that you can make that judgment. 

Maybe you can develop your observation skills to be as good as I am one day.

Go Big Orange.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 06:08:28 EDT »

IMO they fully intend to redshirt Dobbs...
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 07:19:21 EDT »

Ok, now I can definitely see that...only use him if we have no other choice...let him mature and learn a bit more.

Go Big Orange.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 03:15:08 EDT »

It was announced last week that Peterman was no. 2, so not sure why this was even a topic.   

And yes, Peterman deserves much more of a chance than either the one half last year (starting as a true frosh in the swamp  ). IMO 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 03:33:47 EDT »

It was announced last week that Peterman was no. 2, so not sure why this was even a topic.   

And yes, Peterman deserves much more of a chance than either the one half last year (starting as a true frosh in the swamp  ). IMO 

Well, when I posted it, they had yet to pull Worley.  So I was mainly wondering if Worley was coming out on the next series (he did).

And I know it's not fair to judge Peterman on what we've seen of him so far, but admit it- when he came in and promptly fumbled the shotgun snap, we were all thinking the same thing.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2014, 03:38:43 EDT »

Well, when I posted it, they had yet to pull Worley.  So I was mainly wondering if Worley was coming out on the next series (he did).

And I know it's not fair to judge Peterman on what we've seen of him so far, but admit it- when he came in and promptly fumbled the shotgun snap, we were all thinking the same thing.

Gotcha.  I suppose not everyone looked at the depth chart.  I like Dobbs and thought he did the best he could in a difficult (heck almost impossible) situation last year.  At the same time, I am very comfortable with Peterman being in the mix and even being no. 2, because it was too small a sample last year and Dobbs just didn't seem to have the arm for long throws last year (though I suppose he could work on that).

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: