VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 07:49:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It bears repeating...  (Read 1602 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2014, 04:34:02 EDT »

...that many if not most of the pundits picked this team to beat us.  Maybe they're not as good as they thought, but clearly they're not Austin Peay, either.  They're going to win some games and score a lot of points this year, and our D just completely shut them down.  Those guys may not be the second coming of the Steel Curtain, but I think it's safe to say they're greatly improved.

Offense made some silly mistakes and left some points on the board (especially in the first half), and line is what we thought they were, at least for game one.  If the OL gels quickly, and that defensive performance wasn't a fluke, I can see 7, maybe even 8 wins this year.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 04:53:53 EDT »

D played well but top 2 rbs and top 2 wrs from last year gone and only one ol and the team back and meet on coming back from major surgery. I am not that surprised we shut them down and they may struggle in other games.

Yet in years past we almost certainly would have played more poorly than this.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: