VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 05:54:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am a fan of Justin Worley's  (Read 1520 times)
Creek Walker
« on: September 14, 2014, 06:18:10 EDT »

That kid absolutely took a beating tonight and just kept hanging in there. That pick-six was a crucial mistake, but considering the way he was chased all over the field all night long, if that's the only terrible decision he makes, I'm good with that. I'm still not convinced that he can win a lot of SEC games for us this season, but his improvements are obvious. It griped me big time to see Tennessee "fans" trashing him on Twitter after the INT. Seriously? The first INT wasn't even his fault; that one was Jason Croom's. (If Croom didn't see the field again, I would be cool with that...and I don't say that based on tonight's game alone.)

It's sad to think that we are an offensive line away from being in the hunt for the SEC East this season. I think our D is playing well enough, and obviously we have talent at WR and RB. But this offensive line is the worst I can ever recall at Tennessee. Thanks a lot, Dooley.

Still, has anyone stopped to think just how close Tennessee was to making that a serious upset bid tonight? If Croom makes that catch in the end zone, and Worley is just one step quicker on his second down scramble inside the 10, it's 27-24. And let's not even talk about the second quarter fumble that was completely botched by the replay official, leading to an Oklahoma touchdown.
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 06:31:42 EDT »

This game was a hell of alot closer than the score indicated!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 08:27:29 EDT »

After they went up 20 7 I never felt we threatened them but I did think we were only a play away from making it a gsme a couple times after that.

That's a big difference from the Dooley years when we rarely if ever showed fight after falling behind significantly.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: