VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 05:17:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Practice notes / injury updates  (Read 3150 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2014, 01:33:18 EDT »

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/forums/topic/post-practice-updates/

Sep 16, 2014 at 7:30 pm
A few notes from Butch Jones’ post-practice media session:

– Confirmed a high ankle sprain for Josh Smith. Said they’ll keep him off his feet this week and then re-evaluate. Didn’t rule him out for Georgia.

– Said Ethan Wolf (knee) and Daniel Helm (ankle) will play at UGA

– Said it was good to see Trevarris Saulsberry back on the practice field, but couldn’t confirm his aviailability for UGA. Same for Derrell Scott, but seemed more optimistic that he would be able to play.

– Said Devrin Young will remain the kickoff returner

– Noted that there were a few times against OKlahoma that the entire right side of the offense was comprised of freshmen (Robertson, Thomas, Helm, Hurd, Malone)

– Didn’t call it a “Bye” week, said it’s a work week and he chuckles at the thought of taking time off this week

– Nothing official on Von, though we saw him briefly at practice on crutches and not putting weight on his ankle
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 02:30:51 EDT »

Considering the inexperience we're already saddled with, there's been an inordinate amount of injuries early in the season.

The black cloud is still hovering. 
10EC
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 12:27:49 EDT »

Considering the inexperience we're already saddled with, there's been an inordinate amount of injuries early in the season.

I completely disagree.  This makes me VERY happy: freshmen (Robertson, Thomas, Helm, Hurd, Malone) all on right side against OU.

We have freshman killing themselves to compete.  NOT as many redshirt Seniors who should never been on an SEC team killing themselves.

I came away VERY, VERY happy against OU.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 04:53:15 EDT »

We have had a few injuries, but I am encouraged that we have some depth, young though it may be.  I am sure we missed Pearson Saturday night, but Smith played very well.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 03:29:21 EDT »

Not really, it's about where it usually is for most teams I think, injuries are part of the game. Most of them being ankle injuries is a bit odd.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: