VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 07:29:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So on Friday night, one of our commits did THIS...  (Read 4570 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2014, 01:44:54 EDT »

http://mrsec.com/articles/gif-tennessee-recruit-joc-bruce-levels-hardin-valley-academy-wr

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 02:29:24 EDT »

1.) Any chance we can get Herb to link us up with his call of that play? 

2.) When I first saw the video, I thought it was impressive. On second take, I didn't think it was nearly as big a hit as it first appeared. And the showboating is a real turnoff.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 03:35:55 EDT »

1.) Any chance we can get Herb to link us up with his call of that play? 

2.) When I first saw the video, I thought it was impressive. On second take, I didn't think it was nearly as big a hit as it first appeared. And the showboating is a real turnoff.

It will be up on the website, www.southdoylefootball.net in the next couple of days.  My webmaster has been out of town and I should get the CD of the broadcast to him tomorrow for him to get archived.

On the hit, we were working the game from the top of the press box at Hardin Valley. The hit was on the other side of the field from us, yet we heard it like we were ten feet away from it.  It was a big time hit. 

Bruce is really an exceptional athlete, even better than I anticipated he would be.  Before this year I hadn't seen him live since he was a sophomore.  Although he was already a very good prospect then, he has come a long way in those two years.    In my opinion he could play either in the slot or at corner at the next level.  He might just be the "steal" of this recruiting cycle for UT.

Plus he is a terrific kid and already has a qualifying test score and his core is well above what he needs to be a qualifier. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 04:49:52 EDT »

So that's a South Doyle kid.  Kewl! I might just try and go to a game this year, if I am in Ktown.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 03:24:53 EDT »

Hit was obviously great, but what impressed me was the reaction time and closing speed.  Looks like he can be a good one.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 06:19:01 EDT »

He read the play. The WR gave it away. Good hit though. He was recruited to play slot at UT, but seeing that, he may end up at CB

Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 10:08:28 EDT »

I good, solid, clean hit with the shoulder to the chest.     I wish others at higher levels of football would do the same.  Too many times I see high hits that could have very easily been lowered to the chest area. 
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 01:26:51 EDT »

He was recruited to play slot at UT

Not what he told me on the air a few weeks back. 

Of course he read the play.  That's what good football players do. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 04:49:29 EDT »

Not what he told me on the air a few weeks back. 

Of course he read the play.  That's what good football players do. 

Yeah, how do you even know what they are recruited for?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 08:16:40 EDT »

Good quotes here:

http://www.knoxnews.com/govolsxtra/football/ut-commitment-joc-bruce-discusses-jarring-hit-that-went-viral_03048943

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: