VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 10:34:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some input....Dean and I are taking a long weekend in Charleston SC  (Read 3157 times)
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2014, 04:59:59 EDT »

in October -- who can recommend good places to eat -- seafood in particular!   Thanks!

I was there on business one time many years ago and had the best sea bass I've ever eaten!!  But no clue where it was or if it would still exist.  I just know it was a small place in the historic district.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 05:03:17 EDT »

in October -- who can recommend good places to eat -- seafood in particular!   Thanks!
Magnolia's right downtown is good

For something different, a place that is somewhere between a biker bar and a dive that was on DDD try Tattooed Moose.  The Duck sandwich is fantastic.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 06:21:49 EDT »

Try Hyman's on Meeting St.  

Forgot to say their seafood is great!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 06:23:32 EDT by tnflower » Logged
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 07:07:39 EDT »

Hyman's (seafood) and Jestine's (soul food).

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 10:16:49 EDT »

Granny, could it have been 82 Queen where ya'll ate back then? It shouldn't hard to find because the name is also the address (between Meeting and King streets).

I would also try Magnolia's on East Bay, and if you like shrimp and grits go to Jestine's on Meeting Street, about across the street from the fire hall. I also enjoy lunch at Hyman's on Meeting.

Enjoy yourselves and eat too much!

GreggO
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 01:42:01 EDT »

Hyman's is one of those places you just gotta go to when in Charleston.  I went based these good folks' advice here on VTTW back when we took my parents to Charleston and it certainly lived up to the hype!

Also, Hominy Grill is good too!  Have a great trip, that trip we made with my parents is one I'll never forget and hope we can do it again someday soon. 
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 01:57:48 EDT »

The Tattooed Moose that Pirate mentioned was on Diners , Drive Ins, and Dives, and it looked awesome to me.   
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 04:31:19 EDT »

http://spiritlinecruises.com/dining-cruises/ A night time dinner cruise around the harbor is pretty cool..The only night they usually don't go out is on Monday..They depart from Patriots Point in Mt Pleasant
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 04:45:42 EDT »

http://spiritlinecruises.com/dining-cruises/ A night time dinner cruise around the harbor is pretty cool..The only night they usually don't go out is on Monday..They depart from Patriots Point in Mt Pleasant
We went on a day cruise with that company, enjoyed it, learned a bit about Sumter and the "unpleasantness"

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: