VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 02:37:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watching the UGA game,I'm liking our chances next week..  (Read 4015 times)
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2014, 06:47:08 EDT »

I think UT is getting jaw jaw at the perfect time.. I saw vast improvement last week at OU..The game was closer than the score..Striker was the difference in that game for OU..We all knew UT wouldn't win but CBJ has this team headed in the right direction..Having 2 true freshmen starting on the o-line,an all new o-line and d-line and all the young talent starting on this team and playing on the road at OU with no offensive or defensive penalties is very impressive..I hope I don't jinx them lol but I like UT's chances next week,with an early noon start time..UGA's fans won't be as drunk and rowdy as a later start would be and UT having a week off to prepare and get people healthy..Hopefully Von Pearson will be back,haven't heard a recent update though but watching this game the announcers are talking about how thin UGA's secondary is..If UT's o-line can give Worley time and the defense plays like they did at OU I think we leave between the Hedges with a W..Just my Orange colored glass view..  
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 07:00:25 EDT »

I think UT is getting jaw jaw at the perfect time.. I saw vast improvement last week at OU..The game was closer than the score..Striker was the difference in that game for OU..We all knew UT wouldn't win but CBJ has this team headed in the right direction..Having 2 true freshmen starting on the o-line,an all new o-line and d-line and all the young talent starting on this team and playing on the road at OU with no offensive or defensive penalties is very impressive..I hope I don't jinx them lol but I like UT's chances next week,with an early noon start time..UGA's fans won't be as drunk and rowdy as a later start would be and UT having a week off to prepare and get people healthy..Hopefully Von Pearson will be back,haven't heard a recent update though but watching this game the announcers are talking about how thin UGA's secondary is..If UT's o-line can give Worley time and the defense plays like they did at OU I think we leave between the Hedges with a W..Just my Orange colored glass view..  

No question the team is heading in the right direction. Should be a good watch the rest of the season.  I expect a few more ass beatings, but also expect to see continued improvement.  Under the previous regime all I ever felt was a sense of dread!  But it's better now....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 07:03:07 EDT »

I'm not expecting a win.  They have the more talented, more experienced, and deeper roster, and they're at home.  

But I wasn't expecting much last year, either.  In fact, I wasn't expecting to come within 4 TDs.  As long as CBJ takes the training wheels off like he did in the 2nd half last year, we have the better gameday coach.  Murray is gone (he just killed us for the last four years), and we have the most speed and the most playmakers on both sides of the ball since about 2006.  

I'll call it 28-21 for UGA, but I won't be shocked if we pull the upset.

crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 08:59:36 EDT »

The key will be stopping the Gurly highlight reel and if Worley has time and can throw down field,doesn't turn it over and can open up our running game taking shots down field..I like our receivers vs their secondary matchup.. Vols win by a field goal or less..
bravodawg
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 03:20:09 EDT »

I was just wondering what it was about watching a 66-0 absolute drubbing of a lightweight that made you feel confident about beating UGA?

Anyhow-- hey Vol fans. Long time, no see.

Best of luck this week. Hoping we might finally tie the series with the Vols this Saturday, but you never know. I also wouldn't be shocked if UT upsets UGA.

bravo
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 03:36:09 EDT »

I was just wondering what it was about watching a 66-0 absolute drubbing of a lightweight that made you feel confident about beating UGA?

Best of luck this week. Hoping we might finally tie the series with the Vols this Saturday, but you never know. I also wouldn't be shocked if UT upsets UGA.

bravo

The original post was made early in the game...and, no, Georgia didn't exactly come out looking like world beaters early on.

I don't expect a win this Saturday...just saying.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 05:34:22 EDT »

How can we not beat a team with a "Gurley man" at running back?  Just saying....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
bravodawg
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 05:47:37 EDT »

great question...but since it's obviously very possible (you're 0-2 so far versus that Gurley man), maybe the third time will be the charm for you. Or then again, maybe not.

XXXOOO,

bravo
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 04:14:56 EDT »

bravo
So you beat up on a nobody team at home..lol thats even better..Now your whole team will be as cocky as you are about themselves when they come out on the field and UT punches them in the mouth like they did last year,except this year Pig Howard won't fumble at the goal line..Go Vols!!!  
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 04:20:29 EDT by crockettman » Logged
bravodawg
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 04:22:10 EDT »

..if UT upsets us. We could also blow UT's drawers off. Who knows. Best of luck, though.

bravo
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 04:33:32 EDT »

..if UT upsets us. We could also blow UT's drawers off. Who knows. Best of luck, though.

bravo
Like I said ,It was just my opinion..Based on what I have seen so far this year from both teams and the timing of when UT has them on the schedule but who knows what will happen once they kick the ball off..Go Vols!! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: