VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 04:16:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If Worley had not been injured and missed those series......  (Read 5692 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2014, 09:39:07 EDT »

...I truly believe that we would have won that game.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas.

Today wasn't Christmas.

But one day soon.....it will be. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 09:40:26 EDT »

If they would've just found that numbing shot a bit quicker.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 09:47:34 EDT »

I've been saying all season that Worley would go down at some point.  I just hope he's back to stay- that thing could still swell up.  And I know Peterman has supposedly made great strides from last year in practice, but in games, he doesn't look much different to me.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 09:57:49 EDT »

I've been saying all season that Worley would go down at some point.  I just hope he's back to stay- that thing could still swell up.  And I know Peterman has supposedly made great strides from last year in practice, but in games, he doesn't look much different to me.

Yeah, some said Peterman was just about neck and neck with Worley during fall camp.  Some got it when the lights go on, some don't I guess.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 12:01:52 EDT »

Yeah, some said Peterman was just about neck and neck with Worley during fall camp.  Some got it when the lights go on, some don't I guess.   

How long was he in? Three series?

Sigh.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 12:03:12 EDT »

How long was he in? Three series?

Sigh.

How'd those three series go? What happened as soon as Worley returned?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 12:07:59 EDT »

How'd those three series go? What happened as soon as Worley returned?

Oh yeah but I expect a guy who has like 40 career snaps to come in and play like Peyton as a senior.  Lol.

The comments on Peterman remind me of what was said about Worley in his first game last year after he threw for 17 of 21 even if it was Austin peay.

Yes there was a dropout from worley...OF COURSE the was...but that could be inexperience only in a very tough road game.

Good news...when we get up big on the gators Peterman can get more snaps  

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 12:15:30 EDT »

Oh yeah but I expect a guy who has like 40 career snaps to come in and play like Peyton as a senior.  Lol.

The comments on Peterman remind me of what was said about Worley in his first game last year after he threw for 17 of 21 even if it was Austin peay.

Yes there was a dropout from worley...OF COURSE thevwas...but that could be inexperience only in a very tough road game.

Good news...when we get up big on the gators Peterman can get more snaps 

Dude, go back and watch those series again.  He was bad.  Really bad.  I didn't expect him to look like Peyton, but given all the hype we were hearing about him in August, I was at least expecting him to generate some first downs, give us field position, and above all, not turn the ball over.  I haven't looked at the stats, but I would guess that other than the double reverse, we had a net loss of yards and a turnover on the rest of his snaps.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 12:44:52 EDT »

Dude, go back and watch those series again.  He was bad.  Really bad.  I didn't expect him to look like Peyton, but given all the hype we were hearing about him in August, I was at least expecting him to generate some first downs, give us field position, and above all, not turn the ball over.  I haven't looked at the stats, but I would guess that other than the double reverse, we had a net loss of yards and a turnover on the rest of his snaps.
Riddle me this:
Peterman in the game the OL couldn't block their shadow.
Worley comes in and has a relatively long time to throw.  For example, the pass to Pig for the TD took a bit of time to develop.  BTW, that was a hell of a throw, probably the best I've seen from Worleybird.  Also, in the 3rd quarter, before the injury, he was late, very late on two throws that should have been TDs, if thrown on time and should have been picked by the safety because they were so late.  Malone was so open on one of them he could have had a picnic.  Unfortunately the safety invited himself to it.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 12:58:18 EDT »

Peterman was, well, Peterman, but I don't put the fumble in the end zone that UGA recovered for a TD on him.  I put that squarely on the coaches for a stupid play call.  Wouldn't have mattered if Peterman, Dobbs, or Worley were the QB on that play as the best case scenario is that it is a safety.  The coaches really put him in a bad situation there. 

I like Butch - he's a head coach who speaks in coach speak and appears to be a good manager of the program.  He is what he is.  I do have some serious questions, however, about some of the assistants on the field coaching abilities, including our OC. 

I didn't have a problem with Butch keeping the staff intact after the first year.  We really didn't know if those guys could coach or not.  That said, I do expect some tweaking to be done after this year and we have learned more about them. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 01:04:51 EDT »

Peterman was, well, Peterman, but I don't put the fumble in the end zone that UGA recovered for a TD on him.  I put that squarely on the coaches for a stupid play call.  Wouldn't have mattered if Peterman, Dobbs, or Worley were the QB on that play as the best case scenario is that it is a safety.  The coaches really put him in a bad situation there. 

I like Butch - he's a head coach who speaks in coach speak and appears to be a good manager of the program.  He is what he is.  I do have some serious questions, however, about some of the assistants on the field coaching abilities, including our OC. 

I didn't have a problem with Butch keeping the staff intact after the first year.  We really didn't know if those guys could coach or not.  That said, I do expect some tweaking to be done after this year and we have learned more about them. 

Peterman's fumble came due to a miscommunication between him and Hurd.  He was supposed to keep the ball there, and he took responsibility for it on the bench after the play.  The fumble in the EZ came with Worley in.  I didn't really have a problem with the play call there.  In hindsight, I might've gone with a QB sneak.  But with the pressure UGA was getting, I definitely wouldn't have attempted a pass.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 01:12:20 EDT »

Riddle me this:
Peterman in the game the OL couldn't block their shadow.
Worley comes in and has a relatively long time to throw.  For example, the pass to Pig for the TD took a bit of time to develop.  BTW, that was a hell of a throw, probably the best I've seen from Worleybird.  Also, in the 3rd quarter, before the injury, he was late, very late on two throws that should have been TDs, if thrown on time and should have been picked by the safety because they were so late.  Malone was so open on one of them he could have had a picnic.  Unfortunately the safety invited himself to it.

I would guess that a big part of it is the difference in cadence.  When Olinemen get used to a particular QB's voice inflection and rhythm, they're able to fire off the ball better.  They have to adjust when the backup comes in, and that effect is magnified in a loud road environment.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 01:15:15 EDT »

Peterman's fumble came due to a miscommunication between him and Hurd.  He was supposed to keep the ball there, and he took responsibility for it on the bench after the play.  The fumble in the EZ came with Worley in.  I didn't really have a problem with the play call there.  In hindsight, I might've gone with a QB sneak.  But with the pressure UGA was getting, I definitely wouldn't have attempted a pass.

I understand all of that, and I am not surprised he took ownership.  The kid seems to be a stand up guy. 

That said, the play call in that situation was just plain awful.  Even if he keeps the football he's going to be tackled in the end zone.  There was just too much penetration, and if the OC and those conferring on the play call couldn't see that then they don't need to be calling plays. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 01:27:10 EDT »

I understand all of that, and I am not surprised he took ownership.  The kid seems to be a stand up guy. 

That said, the play call in that situation was just plain awful.  Even if he keeps the football he's going to be tackled in the end zone.  There was just too much penetration, and if the OC and those conferring on the play call couldn't see that then they don't need to be calling plays. 
The RG was blown up on the play.  Had nothing to do with the fumble but it wasn't going anywhere.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2014, 02:05:39 EDT »

I put the Lane fumble that ended the drive on Lane. If Peterman contributed and fessed up, good for him.  But on my TV, the ball was right in Lane's brisket and he was looking right.  If he wasn't supposed to get the ball, then I guess that's not entirely his fault, but he IS a fifth year senior.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 02:20:56 EDT »

What?  You believe offseason hype?  How long have you been a football fan?   

I admit above that I was distracted during the Peterson series. I will go back and watch if I can find a rerun, becauce I didn't record it.

But I will still insist that even if he had a terrible game it doesn't mean he is going to suck for all time.  I'm simply not going to make a snap decision that he will always suck just because he played a bit poorly on the road in Athens with all the pressure in the world on his shoulders.

Creek Walker
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 04:46:04 EDT »

Seriously. I've defended Peterman as much as anyone, but you need to go back and watch the third quarter again before posting on this subject. Peterman is clearly not ready to compete in the SEC. Not even close. If Worley goes down this season, we're in a world of hurt.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 05:09:50 EDT »

Seriously. I've defended Peterman as much as anyone, but you need to go back and watch the third quarter again before posting on this subject. Peterman is clearly not ready to compete in the SEC. Not even close. If Worley goes down this season, we're in a world of hurt.

I'll post whatever the hell I want, thank you very much. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: