VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 04:25:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tell you one thing that makes my blood boil  (Read 3300 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2014, 10:06:22 EDT »

I saw Rucker tweet it and I saw it over on the VS (like UF fans should be laughing about another team's sucktitude, but I digress) is folks saying "ha, Tennessee found a way to 'Tennessee'" or "Vols pulled a Vols" in the same vein as "Clemson gonna Clemson".

Apples and oranges.  We just went toe to toe with two teams many had in the final 4 a few weeks ago and we were not outclassed, on the road mind you.  I vividly remember the way I felt watching most of those Dooley teams and the helplessness that went along with it.  I remember feeling embarrassed at the product on the field and on the sidelines.  I don't feel that way at all now.  Not ashamed one freakin' bit with today's loss.  We're doing all this with what we all knew was a mind boggling young and inexperienced team that we were just praying could search for and somehow gather up enough wins for a bowl.  Whereas Clemson pulled a Clemson describes a highly ranked team that has depth and talent yet finds a way to choke at the end.  This is NOT just "more of the same" that we've seen, and we are NOT cursed.

Anyone who can't see it is either lazy and ignorant or just trolling (Rucker) and their opinions are thereby null and void.   End of rant.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 10:11:32 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 10:12:59 EDT »

Let them think that.  Especially our rivals- it will make it that much sweeter when we start kicking some asses next year (or next week, as the case may be ).  Anyone who was paying attention knew that Butch was set up for failure in his first two seasons.

But it's not just the ongoing infusion of talent- the attitude is changing, too.   We went up 10-0, and then they came alive and asserted their better talent, but we didn't quit.  Is there any doubt that a Dooley team would've lost that game by about 42-10?

TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 10:14:07 EDT »

It's not about talent gap anymore. It's just youth. Georgia was fortunate today. Vols are back and ready to be a force in the SEC. The Dooley damage has been repaired by Butch. The mindset was the last hurdle.  Rucker and the rest of those blow hands had better get ready to eat crow and beg for readership.  
Navol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 10:14:36 EDT »

VS?? H**l, some of them over there still have Peyton living rent-free in their pointy heads!

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 11:53:12 EDT »

This team compared to any Dooley team is night and day.

And recruiting is much, much improved as well. We are just about back.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 02:31:39 EDT »

Might be my orange glasses, but watching Carolina and Mizzo, I think we can beat both of them. (ok, maybe not at the same time, but you know what I mean)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 02:33:27 EDT »

I saw Rucker tweet it and I saw it over on the VS (like UF fans should be laughing about another team's sucktitude, but I digress) is folks saying "ha, Tennessee found a way to 'Tennessee'" or "Vols pulled a Vols" in the same vein as "Clemson gonna Clemson".

The VS will be quiet this time next week

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 04:43:35 EDT »

I certainly hope you aren't referring to my tweet. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 01:15:12 EDT »

I certainly hope you aren't referring to my tweet. 

No but now I don't want to know what you tweeted.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: