VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 01:37:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida Gators  (Read 5324 times)
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2014, 10:08:02 EDT »

I haven't been able to say this in all my years of being a Tennessee fan, but I have no doubt that we will beat them and soundly.

GO VOLS!!!   
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 10:14:33 EDT »

I know they seem to be struggling but let's pump the brakes.  We thought we were going to run up the score on them with Bray in Knoxville his last year and we know how that turned out.  Gonna try my best not to buy all that hype like I made the mistake of doing leading up to that game.  I know, that was Dooley.  Still, they haven't beaten us 9 years in a row by accident.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 10:15:37 EDT »

I won't say we'll beat them soundly- we've only done that once in my lifetime, and that 1990 team was a lot better than this one.  But as long as Worley is OK, I feel pretty confident about next week.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 11:47:17 EDT »

I won't say we'll beat them soundly- we've only done that once in my lifetime, and that 1990 team was a lot better than this one.  But as long as Worley is OK, I feel pretty confident about next week.

Cough cough...1992...cough cough

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 11:50:15 EDT »

We thought we were going to run up the score on them with Bray in Knoxville his last year and we know how that turned out.  
[/quote]

Who is  this "we" u speak of? I thought we had a good shot but did not consider us faves.

I seem to recall the boss man staking everything on that game which I thought was silly.  It was only the third game of the season.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 11:56:34 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 11:53:58 EDT »

We thought we were going to run up the score on them with Bray in Knoxville his last year and we know how that turned out. 

Who I'd this "we" u speak of? I thought we had a good shot but did not consider us faves.

I seem to recall the boss man staking everything on that game which I thought was silly.  It was only the third game of the season.

Plenty of Vol fans on other board.  Not referring to VTTW there.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 01:42:35 EDT »

I had more faith in us beating UGA today than I do us beating FL. I will not believe it until I see it.
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 09:34:44 EDT »

I know they seem to be struggling but let's pump the brakes.  We thought we were going to run up the score on them with Bray in Knoxville his last year and we know how that turned out.  Gonna try my best not to buy all that hype like I made the mistake of doing leading up to that game.  I know, that was Dooley.  Still, they haven't beaten us 9 years in a row by accident.

I just feel that this team had grow leaps and bounds from the team that played at OU. HELL a imaginary TD is the big reason UGA won today. Florida doesn't have an offense to save there lives and our defense is good enough to beat them. For Georgia if they lose Gurley for any extended period of time they are screwed. I personally have all the faith in the world that this team can beat everybody but bama, and should still give said team a fight come late October

GO VOLS!!!   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 04:30:53 EDT »

Our D is definitely much improved.  Not as good as they can be, but much, much better.  The last two years were very painful, especially 2012. 

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 04:35:30 EDT »

I just want a win - period - be it by a single point or 3 touchdowns.  Any win against the Crocs would do wonders for the program right now. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 04:48:11 EDT »

I just want a win - period - be it by a single point or 3 touchdowns.  Any win against the Crocs would do wonders for the program right now. 

Yep.  A win yesterday would have been great, and any wins this season are important for now and the future.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 05:12:51 EDT »

Yep

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 08:59:12 EDT »

You'll Roll them. No pun intended.  Worst Gator team in awhile, and conversely best Vol team in awhile.

BG
RON
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 10:42:53 EDT »

I love what Butch Jones and this UT team are doing. But! I will say this. Until I see UT beat Florida I will always favor Florida over UT. I have seen too many years when I thought UT would kick Florida's butt only to be let down. 1993,1996,1999,2002,2005,2012 come to mind.
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2014, 03:22:59 EDT »

If the crowd brings the energy early to match that of the Utah St game, our team will feed of that.  Florida is very talented, just coached badly.  I think UT plays sound D and does just enough on offense to get the W.  20-16.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: