VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 04:27:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Report (Defense)  (Read 1188 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2014, 01:10:29 EDT »

DL:  Barnett and Vereen are good but got gassed in the end.  Barnett played an excellent game.  The tackles had their moments.  Obrien had 2-3 good penetrations early that disrupted their run game.  The two Williams played ok.  I saw Saulsberry in the game once, for one play, though he might have been in other times I didn't see.  Looking forward to the additions next year.

LB:  Very effective in the first half, not near as much in the 2nd half.  Reeves-Maybin was disruptive in the first half, not near as much in the 2nd. 

DB:  For the most part, played an excellent game.  Sutton was very effective.  Coleman started LCB in the 2nd half and got burned with bad technique on the very first play but came back later to make two darn good plays as a nickel.  TK Jr played well.  More missed tackles than all three previous games combined.

Coaching:  Had a good game plan but uga changed something in their scheme towards the end of the 3rd and we had no counter.  Yes part of it was the greatness of Guerly but there were gaping holes all of a sudden.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 02:11:30 EDT »

McNeil mades some good plays at Safety and you neglected to mention the Kelly int.  Kelly made some other good plays.  Between Randolph, Sutton, Kelly jr, and McNeil we have a pretty good backfield that's going to be around another year or so.  Coleman is gone after this year (I think he's a senior?) but as you point out is a bit more consistent this year.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: