VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 06:11:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida is more talented, more experienced, and deeper at almost every position  (Read 3738 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2014, 09:33:32 EDT »

...and I expect to beat them.  In fact, I think this game will tell us a lot about Butch Jones.  We all want to believe that he's a great coach.  He's proven it on the recruiting trail, even if he has very little on-field success to show for it at this point.  But if he's as great as we hope he is, he wins this game.  Period.

Now don't get me wrong- I'm not calling for his head if we lose.  He can still lead us to very big things next year and beyond.  But unlike last year, he has some playmakers now.  He has some speed on defense.  Maybe not as quite much as UF, but he at least has some material to work with this year.  And if he's a championship caliber coach, he finds a way to beat Will Muschamp in Neyland Stadium.

I'm usually not in the mood to stick around Knoxville very long after a loss.  But I'm bringing cigars this week.  I may even pack a bottle of champagne.  I'm planning on a pretty epic and celebratory postgame tailgate. 

Team 118 has busted their asses and put in the work.  They deserve this.  God knows this fanbase deserves it.  Let's put an end to this ridiculous streak, and then party like it's 1998.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 10:04:06 EDT »

It's time we start winning big games when we are in position to do so like yesterday.....Coming up short in big game after big game when we are a play or 2 away is getting really old.

We all laughed at Vandy over the years finding ways to lose when they were in position to win......we have been in the Vandy mode for too long now.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 03:34:52 EDT »

It's time we start winning big games when we are in position to do so like yesterday.....Coming up short in big game after big game when we are a play or 2 away is getting really old.

We all laughed at Vandy over the years finding ways to lose when they were in position to win......we have been in the Vandy mode for too long now.

Sorry Phil we were fighting all damn day on Saturday and just came up short and part of that is the "process" that Butch keeps talking about....you learn from your losses and this team is learning.  You can see it on the field and in the players playing through each and every snap.  If that had been the Dooley years we would have lost 45-10.  Worley would have thrown a couple of picks and the defense would have been wasted by the second quarter.  This is a team that will grow and grow and grow and "coming up short" as you phrase it is totally wrong.  We just did not win the game.  Yeah you can spout "moral victory" at my comments but that aint what I am talking about. I am talking about the "brick by brick" foundation that was in place when Fulmer was here and was totally destroyed by Lame Piffin and his band of "USC IS THE BEST" bunch of coaches.  Butch is by far a better coach than ole butthead Kiffin and he will prove it in the long run. 

I am encouraged by what Butch is building here and he gets it and he is obviously "proud ot be the coach of Tennesee" as anyone can truly see.  He has a vision it is time to get off the fence and BUY IN!  We will break through just as we did last year with USC and UT is going to be back on top.  It is just a matter of time so lets get behind the team and MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 03:36:20 EDT »

Sorry Phil we were fighting all damn day on Saturday and just came up short and part of that is the "process" that Butch keeps talking about....you learn from your losses and this team is learning.  You can see it on the field and in the players playing through each and every snap.  If that had been the Dooley years we would have lost 45-10.  Worley would have thrown a couple of picks and the defense would have been wasted by the second quarter.  This is a team that will grow and grow and grow and "coming up short" as you phrase it is totally wrong.  We just did not win the game.  Yeah you can spout "moral victory" at my comments but that aint what I am talking about. I am talking about the "brick by brick" foundation that was in place when Fulmer was here and was totally destroyed by Lame Piffin and his band of "USC IS THE BEST" bunch of coaches.  Butch is by far a better coach than ole butthead Kiffin and he will prove it in the long run. 

I am encouraged by what Butch is building here and he gets it and he is obviously "proud ot be the coach of Tennesee" as anyone can truly see.  He has a vision it is time to get off the fence and BUY IN!  We will break through just as we did last year with USC and UT is going to be back on top.  It is just a matter of time so lets get behind the team and MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 03:56:27 EDT »

The 4th quarter was a demonstration of our lack of depth, and a darn good RB that took advantage of it.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 05:16:28 EDT »

I agree we are better and our players fought to then end......You still got to find ways to win game when you have a chance and not make the mistakes that get you beat...

Winners find ways to win and we've got to turn that corner soon.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 05:46:28 EDT »

I expect to win, BUT I hope folks will be cautiously optimistic and not brazenly arrogant in anticipating a win.  As T-Boz has pointed out this morning, we matched up a lot better against UGA than we do against UF.  We can't afford to take anything for granted this week. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 06:27:00 EDT »

As T-Boz has pointed out this morning, we matched up a lot better against UGA than we do against UF. 

What? I don't think that at all. I thought UGA was a nightmare matchup because of their power running game and strong front 7.

With that said I take nothing for granted when it comes to UF. They have talent-- they always have talent-- and have beaten us too many times in a row for us to have any level of cockiness.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 06:32:09 EDT »

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 06:32:48 EDT »

What? I don't think that at all. I thought UGA was a nightmare matchup because of their power running game and strong front 7.

With that said I take nothing for granted when it comes to UF. They have talent-- they always have talent-- and have beaten us too many times in a row for us to have any level of cockiness.

Absolutely the power running game was a problem for us defensively.

Florida, however, presents a huge problem for our young offensive line.  They are much better in the secondary, and better up front.  

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: