VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 06:36:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worley...Less is MORE  (Read 4892 times)
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2014, 02:57:44 EDT »

I am just about thru with this Worley is the best QB option we have BULLshizzle. He is AGAIN holding the ball way too long, not stepping up to at least try to avoid some pressure and 2 complete horrible throws on the INT's. He has had 4-5 opportunity's to run the ball on the zone read...instead he is going to get Hurd KILLED.
I am just so frustrated watching this same OL BROKEN RECORD over again and again and again.
On a bright point KUDOS TO THE DEFENSIVE BOYS...We might want to turn the TV off now, cause I think this one is going to get real UGLY for the Vols now.

Go Big Orange.
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 03:06:05 EDT »

We have to ask ourselves........is Peterman that damn bad? I understand the Dobbs Redshirt.  But if Worley is not (which He isn't) getting it done.  Try Peterman! 
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 03:24:51 EDT »

Despite the Florida debacle last year I would've been inclined to agree. But we saw Peterman against Georgia this year. He did nothing to disprove the notion that, yes, he is that bad.
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 03:32:20 EDT »

Burn the redshirt then!
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 03:34:08 EDT »

If we could score.... we could win this game...take Worley out.

Go Big Orange.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 03:37:43 EDT »

OMG...took the snap, looked right saw the blitz coming off the edge and still held the ball for a sack and fumble...Damn

Go Big Orange.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 03:51:08 EDT »

This is where Butch Jones has to start taking criticism.  WTH man.

Go Big Orange.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 04:07:09 EDT »

Worley has played awful, but I've seen nothing out of the other two that indicates they'd be any better. 
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 06:59:51 EDT »

Despite the Florida debacle last year I would've been inclined to agree. But we saw Peterman against Georgia this year. He did nothing to disprove the notion that, yes, he is that bad.

In Petermans defense Bajakian did not help him with the playcalling at all. there are few QBs that can come off the bench that can make intermediate to deep throws with an offensive line that has struggled like this one has. He should have been calling dink an doink stuff to give the man a fighting chance.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 09:04:26 EDT »

What I saw Peterman do was come off the bench in an SEC road game and throw three straight completions and move the chains.  It happened, look it up.

Then on the second drive he was moving us and we were making first downs, and then there was a bungled hand off to Lane pretty deep in Georgia territory.  On the TV replay, it looked like Lane's fault to me.  Ball was right in his stomach and it came out somehow.

I made the comment he "wasn't bad" and got questioned for it, to say the least.

I never bothered to explain myself, but let's be clear.  My expectations for him were pretty low.   So when I say, he "wasn't bad" or I might even have said "did okay" or something like that, I just meant he was better than I expected.  I also thought, and think, that he did something he can build on. 

For what I expected, he could have been worse.

Having said that, I am not at all advocating that Peterman replace him this season.  I am saying that if we are trailing by 3 Tds in the fourth quarter, he should come in sooner and not later, because "why not".

If he is the only other option this season, get him some snaps when the game is obviously out of reach.  At that point we have nothing to lose.

Final note...anyone who has a definitive, final opinion on Peterman is kind of stretching things.  He hasn't really truly played that much when the game was on the line.  One terrible half against Florida, on the road as a true frosh, and three series on the road at Uga.   Not a very big sample.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 03:22:22 EDT »

I think Peterman is a moot point once the season is over.  I don't think he is in the competition for next year.  Dobbs is being redshirted...which indicates he is truly the #2 (#1?) guy on campus right now.  With the other prospects coming in, the qb race is up for grabs between Dobbs and the incoming class...Peterman may have gotten a raw deal with the game situations he was placed in, but the writing on the wall suggests, to me, that he is not a serious contender for the job.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 04:24:06 EDT »

I think Peterman is a moot point once the season is over.  I don't think he is in the competition for next year.  Dobbs is being redshirted...which indicates he is truly the #2 (#1?) guy on campus right now.  With the other prospects coming in, the qb race is up for grabs between Dobbs and the incoming class...Peterman may have gotten a raw deal with the game situations he was placed in, but the writing on the wall suggests, to me, that he is not a serious contender for the job.

This is what I am talking about.  Who knows if Peterman is finished?  Rather than complain about how bad I think he might be based on the 45 meaningful minutes he has played so far, I would rather hope or think he might be improving every day and could come in and do almost as well if not better than Worley.  Worley has not exactly lit it up recently.  And he may need to!  Worley is getting pounded every game, to say the least.  And if Peterman truly exceeds my expectations, to the point he gives Dobbs and/or the frosh competition, that's even better.

As for Dobbs, I wasn't that impressed with his vertical throwing ability last year. Doesn't mean I have given up on him ether.  One thing we agree on...Jones is mostly planning for the future at this point, and I don't even think it's next season.  I think the master plan is to be really good in 2016.  Not only Dobbs, but Blair, a highly rated OL JUCO, are being redshirted.  This year the young OL develops, and then they are re-enforced by Blair next year with whatever OL talent coming in as true frosh, we find a QB and the OL finishes developing.  Meanwhile the D is very solid this year and potentially great next year, and takes pressure while offense finds it's legs.  Thus we are primed for 2016.  My opinion is that Blair and Dobbs are both being saved for the future.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 04:34:30 EDT »

I'm not really downing his ability, but his fit in the offense we think Jones and crew want to run.  Worley doesn't fit either, imo.  I just think the end of this year is the end of trying to force a square peg in a round hole.  It's all speculation, sure, but I just think this offseason is when they turn the switch and go for a guy who complements the scheme. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 05:03:36 EDT »

I'm not really downing his ability, but his fit in the offense we think Jones and crew want to run.  Worley doesn't fit either, imo.  I just think the end of this year is the end of trying to force a square peg in a round hole.  It's all speculation, sure, but I just think this offseason is when they turn the switch and go for a guy who complements the scheme. 

Good points.  Peterman is more of a running threat than Worley, and so would seem to be a better fit.  He was recruited by Jones, though he may have been a Dooley holdover, IDK

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: